Stephen Judge

Default Tandy / Radio Shack LX5 mods

This relates to the Optimus Pro LX5 loudspeaker (the one with the Linaeum
ribbon tweeter).

I followed an article published by Larry van Wormer a while ago, which
suggested swapping out the stock bass driver for a SEAS unit. Seemed like a
worthwhile idea to remove some of the sibilance and generally smooth out the
bottom end. So did the swap but have lost all bass ! My local parts supplier
ran a freq. response test on the upgraded model and it was alraedy 3db down
at 250Hz (more than 24db down at 100Hz).

Trouble is I have no way of asking any question of Larry (or of a guy called
Eric Wallin who also had some input to the idea).

Has anyone else tried this, had similar results, knows what to do ?

help !

Thanks