Brian B

Default Home Stereo Receiver/Amp Troubleshooting Question

I have a 6 year old Kenwood home stereo receiver that suddenly lost
most of its volume output. When the volume is turned up to the
maximum, some output can be heard, but it is quite faint. All of the
functions work normally, there is just barely any volume.

I opened it up and nothing inside appears to be damaged/burned/broken,
and I am hoping someone will know whether this is a common fixable
problem, and also if it is worth spending some money on an older
receiver to have a professional take a look at it or if I should just
junk it.

Thanks, Brian
Mark D. Zacharias

Make sure no tape monitor buttons are engaged, and the speaker switch is ON.
Turn down the volume first.

If it's a "mid-fi" model, I think I'd replace it before fixing it, so my
next receiver would have the most up-to-date features.

If it were a vintage piece, I'd probably fix it.

Mark Z.

"Brian B" wrote in message
om...
I have a 6 year old Kenwood home stereo receiver that suddenly lost
most of its volume output. When the volume is turned up to the
maximum, some output can be heard, but it is quite faint. All of the
functions work normally, there is just barely any volume.

I opened it up and nothing inside appears to be damaged/burned/broken,
and I am hoping someone will know whether this is a common fixable
problem, and also if it is worth spending some money on an older
receiver to have a professional take a look at it or if I should just
junk it.

Thanks, Brian

Question for Car Stereo Experts! GP KART Car Audio 3 March 24th 04 10:11 PM
Converting car stereo to home stereo McCruzer Car Audio 9 February 23rd 04 08:02 AM
Newbie home cinema question G General 6 January 18th 04 07:26 PM
Getting sound from the computer to home stereo Steve Audio Opinions 11 December 9th 03 09:23 PM
Best magazines for home theatre to subscribe to? Johnny Canuck Audio Opinions 4 October 16th 03 01:59 PM