Cyril Weinkove

Default Built in Cassette Recorder for PC?

"Mike Looijmans" wrote in message ...
In a magazine I came across a link to a company selling a cassette
recorder which can be built directly into a PC. This would make it
easier to transfer music directly from your cassette to your computer
or a CD, without all that cabling.

Wouldn't recommend it. I saw one too a few years ago, and it was horrible.

Besides, if these are your own recordings, it's much better to play them on
the same deck as you used for the recording (azimuth).

And "all that cabling" consists of a single y-cable from your tape deck to
your PC. I would find it way more troublesome to open the case and install
the cabling (power, audio and floppy) for the tape drive.

Thanks for your reply and all the others, who responded so promptly.
OK, I will plug my hi-fi lead into the computer directly.

Help appreciated.

Cyril
Codifus

Frank Vuotto wrote:
The cassette was good in its time, but that time has long been over. Let
it rest in peace.

Cassette still has it's uses. Did you ever try listening to a book on
CD ? just impossible. But a computer case is a pretty hostile
environment for a tape head,

Frank /~ http://newmex.com/f10
@/

I never have listened to a book on cassette or CD. How is one
advantageous over the other?

CD