Jeff

Default Who made the best older two shaft radio ?

What surprised me the first time I saw one was the surface
mount resistors, new at the time.
Jeff
"John Durbin" wrote in message ...
Yeah ... they had a "brand name" tuner design with pretty good FM performance, also borrowed the NAD soft-clip circuit for their bigger amps. Decent stuff, other than stupid things like using galvanized head unit casings that made it virtually impossible to have a decent ground path internally. Engine noise magnets, those models were...

JD

ãÞ0çã|ÿÞs wrote:

I didn't know Proton ever made car audio equipment.

"John Durbin" wrote in message ...
Might also look at Soundstream and possibly Proton, both made "audiophile" shaft-design radios at one time.

JD

Robert E. Watts wrote:

Hi Jeff !

Hi Bob, some of the Jensen late 70s early 80s were made
by Alpine from the same line as theirs.

Ah, that explains a lot.

That's back "in the day" when I REALLY used to play with car audio "stuff".
I must say, today's stuff is far better.

I sure remember Jensen as being at the top of the heap back when you
mention.

For a long lasting cass mech the Alpine, for sound the
Nakamichi.

I have a couple of Nak cass head DIN units. RD-460 I think. As usual, they
came without wiring harness' in the Big-Box-0-stuff I got.

I'm not surprised that Nakamichi keeps coming up as top notch.

Although Pioneer surprised me a few times

some of their cass preamps were held back by the head
they chose, using the correct one could extend their specs by quite a bit.
(frequency responce sweep test 20-20K)
Jeff

I agree. Frankly, one of the Pioneer I have (KEH-5656 ) surprises me
greatly. As I mentioned before, I'm more interested in radio performance
than anything else.

Thanks for your help Jeff !

bobwatts

--