Alan 'A.J.' Franzman

Default Req: Radio Pinout 2001 Chevy Prizm (Toyota Corolla?)

Hello,

I have a 2001 Chevrolet Prizm LSi (essentially a Toyota Corolla in downgraded
interior trim) with the factory AM/FM/CD stereo. It looks like there was an
AM/FM/CD/Cass. option also, as there is a big empty space in the bottom of the
radio and an opening in the front of the metal radio chassis behind the
plastic faceplate.

I need the pinout of the rear connector on the radio. The connector is
rectangular with 24 round pins in two rows of 12, top row being labeled "A"
1-12 and bottom row "B" 1-12. Using various sources I have about half the
pins and wire colors identified but haven't found the functions I want. I'd
like to add ability to switch to an external audio source if possible - I
think with all those unused pins, it's got to be there somewhere!

Late model Saturns appear to use the same connector but I don't know if the
pinout matches.

I prefer email replies but will check here too. See below to email me.

TIA

--
--------------------

Alan "A.J." Franzman

Email: a.j.franzman at verizon dot net

--------------------

Alan 'A.J.' Franzman

Default Req: Radio Pinout 2001 Chevy Prizm (Toyota Corolla?) - add'l info

"Alan 'A.J.' Franzman" wrote in message
:
[...]

In case this is any help, the radio is Delco part number 30024333, made
03/15/01.

--
--------------------

Alan "A.J." Franzman

Email: a.j.franzman at verizon dot net

--------------------

Jeff

Hows your program writing ability, its most likely done
with data info.
And even the Saturn 24 pin are not all the same.
Jeff

[...]

Alan 'A.J.' Franzman

"Jeff" wrote in message
:
Hows your program writing ability, its most likely done
with data info.
And even the Saturn 24 pin are not all the same.

Well, I know 11 of the pins for sure (ground, constant +12V, ACC/IGN switched
+12V, and 8 for speakers) plus 3 more that I'm fairly sure are lights (+12V),
lights (on dimmer), and switched output for either power antenna or amp. I
think it's likely that similar models of this HU have built-in CD changer
control which would use some of the remaining 10, and would definitely need
line-in which would probably use 4 more. Some (most or all?) models may also
have line-out for use with an external amp (which I may want to use in the
near future too.) If the changer control is a serial protocol it could
possibly only use 1 or 2 pins, which with line in/out would fill the connector
nicely.

--