rokman

Default 100 amp fuse

Does anybofy make a 100amp AGU style gold fuse? I see the ANL type all
the time but not a 100amp AGU?

TomTom

As far as I know AGU fuses don't come in 100 amp, the highest you can get is
80, besides AGU fuses have a problem with heat buildup and resistance, I'd
reccommend you switch to an ANL style fuse holder / distro block or a Maxi
style distro block if you need 80 amps or below, and if you need smaller
inline fuses go with ATC/ATO fuses.

read about the AGU fuse prob. he
http://www.eatel.net/~amptech/elecdisc/fuses.htm
it's towards the bottom of the page just before ANL fuses

"rokman" wrote in message
Does anybofy make a 100amp AGU style gold fuse? I see the ANL type all
the time but not a 100amp AGU?

---

Kelly Clarkson

"TomTom" wrote in message
As far as I know AGU fuses don't come in 100 amp, the highest you can get

is
80, besides AGU fuses have a problem with heat buildup and resistance, I'd
reccommend you switch to an ANL style fuse holder / distro block or a Maxi
style distro block if you need 80 amps or below, and if you need smaller
inline fuses go with ATC/ATO fuses.

read about the AGU fuse prob. he
http://www.eatel.net/~amptech/elecdisc/fuses.htm
it's towards the bottom of the page just before ANL fuses

The biggest problem with the AGU fuse is the quality. I am NOT saying that
there are no good quality AGU fuses but there are a large number of
manufacturers that make fuses of questionable quality. The lower quality
fuses have a problem with the solder that connects the end caps to the
fusible element. There is too much resistance in the solder connection which
(with current flow close to their rated current) creates enough heat to melt
the solder connection which leads to a melted fuse holder or a fuse with
higher than normal resistance. The higher resistance will cause more of a
voltage drop than a new fuse.

---------- If you can find some BUSS or LITTELFUSE brand AGU fuses,
you won't be as likely to have problems------

CD Player Dead, CDs stuck inside! MS General 23 February 18th 04 09:04 PM
NAD 7100 - will not power up Mark General 3 August 9th 03 11:00 PM
Street Glow Install Prydan2k Car Audio 3 July 3rd 03 07:05 PM
car deck KaeZoo Car Audio 2 July 1st 03 06:00 PM