John Durbin

Default 6.5" 3 way components required

I would definitely consider one of the finest 3-way systems made for the
car today, the a/d/s/ 641is:

http://www.adst.com/products/mobile/3series/641is.asp

JD
and yes, I am biased

David wrote:

Subject says it all really.
Looking for advice on 6.5" mid bass, 4" mid & tweet with passive x-over.
Should be high end (been recomended JL QR series) quality kit, capable of 2
x 100W RMS power.
To fit into Porsche Boxster.
Also, any advice on subs; I've beend recomended 10" Aliante sub, or 8"
solobaric. both would be in small sealed enclosure (in passenger footwell,
powered by .4KW Phase Linear amp) - opinions sought !

TIA
David

Sketchy

John Durbin wrote in message ...
I would definitely consider one of the finest 3-way systems made for the
car today, the a/d/s/ 641is:

http://www.adst.com/products/mobile/3series/641is.asp

JD
and yes, I am biased

David wrote:

Subject says it all really.
Looking for advice on 6.5" mid bass, 4" mid & tweet with passive x-over.
Should be high end (been recomended JL QR series) quality kit, capable of 2
x 100W RMS power.
To fit into Porsche Boxster.
Also, any advice on subs; I've beend recomended 10" Aliante sub, or 8"
solobaric. both would be in small sealed enclosure (in passenger footwell,
powered by .4KW Phase Linear amp) - opinions sought !

TIA
David

I would HIGHLY recommend either the PolyKevlar 165K3 or Utopia 165W3
component sets from Focal Audio Labs assuming your budget allows.
These puppies were made for Porsches and is in fact what I have in my
own Boxster S (I have the polykevlars). =)

The rest of my equipment is all Eclipse including the head unit, amps,
and sub. I love it. =)

ViBlue-SE-R

has anyone mentioned the alpine type-x???..............trust me, they
will handle 2x100 wrms and they sound amazing without costing loads of
money.......

for subs, check out www.edesignaudio.com they have astounding sq and
hardly take up any space at all
--
ViBlue-SE-R
CarAudioForum.com - Usenet Gateway w/over half a million post online!

Paul Vina

Very true. I had a set of the Type-X's and they were phenomenal!

Paul Vina

"ViBlue-SE-R" wrote in
message s.com...
has anyone mentioned the alpine type-x???..............trust me, they
will handle 2x100 wrms and they sound amazing without costing loads of
money.......

for subs, check out www.edesignaudio.com they have astounding sq and
hardly take up any space at all
--
ViBlue-SE-R
CarAudioForum.com - Usenet Gateway w/over half a million post online!
View this thread:

http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb2/sh...hreadid=147475

Opinion on 5.1 Home theatre system components Abhinav General 2 March 5th 04 05:48 PM
Pioneer Silver Era components for Sale (tuner, decompressor, time-tunnel reverb) ME Designer General 1 December 24th 03 02:55 AM
How do you code an Onkyo TX-DS838 receiver's remote control for other components ? Ted & Niki General 0 December 8th 03 11:23 PM
Teac Reference Components DKCC General 2 September 23rd 03 12:09 AM
polk components or mb quarts Brandon Buckner Car Audio 1 July 2nd 03 04:30 AM