DKCC

Default Teac Reference Components

Can people let me know their views on setting up a Teac Reference 300
system, as a beginner's separates system. My local store is doing a good
deal on the basis that it is "discontinued". Is it likely to have a good
few years life, or do people think it is "inadequate"?

What's the main difference between the Reference 300 and Reference 500
components? As far as I can see the only difference is that the Ref 500 Amp
has more RMS power.

DKCC

Neil

"DKCC" wrote in message ...
Can people let me know their views on setting up a Teac Reference 300
system, as a beginner's separates system. My local store is doing a good
deal on the basis that it is "discontinued".

I think TEAC's moving to a 350 series.

Search newsgroups and web via Google.com for comments on TEAC
Reference gear.

Is it likely to have a good
few years life, or do people think it is "inadequate"?

Most home audio gear should last many years, even for a few decades. I
don't think there will be any revolutionary changes in home audio gear
that will somehow make the TEAC gear unusable or inadequate.

What's the main difference between the Reference 300 and Reference 500
components? As far as I can see the only difference is that the Ref 500 Amp
has more RMS power.

More power, bigger size.

My impression of the TEAC Reference gear is that it looks nifty, but
is overpriced, at least at US prices. The main advantage of the TEAC
gear is that it looks good and has a small faceplate and narrow width,
but I think it may be somewhat deep, so look at that carefully, if the
depth matters to you.

I don't know what prices you've found for the TEAC gear, but I think
you may be able to get comparable performance at a lower price in
conventionally-sized components. The above would be true in the US,
where the TEAC gear is expensive.

Teac Reference 300 DKCC General 0 September 14th 03 06:31 PM
teac pd-265 cd player Sharon Leigh General 2 August 6th 03 03:12 PM