O_Zean

Default cakewalk sonar control surface problem with Novation remote control 25

cakewalk sonar control surface problem with Novation remote control 25

Hi

Bought a novation remote midi controller/keyboard. I use xp
profesional and cakewalk sonar as my main sequencer.

First of all, Novation promised me they were working on a control
surface for cakewalk's SOnar. The manual states (and the remote manual
online, which disapeared recently. Now I know why) that a sonar
template is included on the cd. I read the online manual before bying
the remote 25, so I thought it would work fine witg sonar. NOT!

I did everyhting. I have set up a gereric mid control surface within
sonar as stated by sonar's manual. I can link buttons, knobs and
sliders to midi controllers and everythig works fine real-time. BUT,
the problem is that when I have the generic control surface set up, I
cannot use the keyboard to play notes. So let's say: I push the record
button on my novation remote control and Sonar begins to record midi
data, but no notes can be recorded or heard. So I have to delete the
sonar midi control surface in order to play and hear the notes. Now,
this is not logical, it it? That is a pain in the butt.

I think everything works ok with soft synths which let me change the
faders and knobs and play along with the keyboard.

Now i know why the updates aren't online. There should be new windows
drivers too, cause sometimes things suddenly stop working. I heard
lots of people having problems and the store I bought my novation
stated that too. So I guess I can only wait and hope the new drivers
can give me stability. I hope they can adress this problem cause I
would like to continue to use the remote. Cause lots of sonar users
out there are willing to buy this stuff, but if it ain't work, I
don'tknow.

bye