Posted to rec.audio.pro
undertowslow undertowslow is offline

Default Any voice altering programs that sound human?

There's a joke I've been dying to play on my best friend for a long
time. It involves talking to him by phone. I can't have anyone else
make the call for me, and the joke won't work if he recognizes my
voice or if I don't sound human. (It would be best if it were a
female voice, but I can probably work around that.)

I figured that it wouldn't be a problem finding a computer program
that works for this purpose, but I've tried a couple, and it's been
really disappointing. If I'm trying for a woman's voice I end up
sounding like an electronic chipmunk on helium, no matter what I do.
(Closest to human I can get is if I shoot for someone with terminal
laryngitis.) If I choose the male voice option I sound like a 20 foot
tall giant or worse.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ben - TheStudioRI.com Ben - TheStudioRI.com is offline

On Oct 6, 5:37 pm, undertowslow wrote:
There's a joke I've been dying to play on my best friend for a long
time. It involves talking to him by phone. I can't have anyone else
make the call for me, and the joke won't work if he recognizes my
voice or if I don't sound human. (It would be best if it were a
female voice, but I can probably work around that.)

I figured that it wouldn't be a problem finding a computer program
that works for this purpose, but I've tried a couple, and it's been
really disappointing. If I'm trying for a woman's voice I end up
sounding like an electronic chipmunk on helium, no matter what I do.
(Closest to human I can get is if I shoot for someone with terminal
laryngitis.) If I choose the male voice option I sound like a 20 foot
tall giant or worse.

Try Antares Avox. It is a program that lets you design your own
"throat". I don't have much experience with it, but remembered that
it was pretty cool.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
videochas www.locoworks.com videochas www.locoworks.com is offline
Banned

On Oct 6, 11:06 pm, "Ben - TheStudioRI.com" wrote:
[...]

I've been fooling around with Voice Changer 5.5--- free download of a
trial system. It works in near real time and might be what you're
looking for.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Tobiah Tobiah is offline

undertowslow wrote:
There's a joke I've been dying to play on my best friend for a long
time.

You must tell us what the joke is.