Brad Harper

Default Drum submixer

I looking around for a 8-12 channel submixer for drums. I don't want a
larger console, but I want one that has good sounding preamps as well as a
versatile, good sounding EQ for drums. Most of what is available in this
size is the Mackie SOS. I cant afford a Neve sidecar, but would like to find
something in between.

Which of the Soundcraft, Studiomaster, A&H, Ramsa type boards sound the best
for drums? Is there something else I should consider?

Brad Harper

Kurt Albershardt

Brad Harper wrote:

I looking around for a 8-12 channel submixer for drums. I don't want a
larger console, but I want one that has good sounding preamps as well as a
versatile, good sounding EQ for drums. Most of what is available in this
size is the Mackie SOS. I cant afford a Neve sidecar, but would like to find
something in between.

Which of the Soundcraft, Studiomaster, A&H, Ramsa type boards sound the best
for drums? Is there something else I should consider?

The Midas Venice boards? Routing might not be ideal for a main
recording board but as a submixer I think you'd be okay.
http://www.midas-venice.com/

David Morley

In article rXmNa.36718$926.3438@sccrnsc03,
"Brad Harper" wrote:

I looking around for a 8-12 channel submixer for drums. I don't want a
larger console, but I want one that has good sounding preamps as well as a
versatile, good sounding EQ for drums. Most of what is available in this
size is the Mackie SOS. I cant afford a Neve sidecar, but would like to find
something in between.

Which of the Soundcraft, Studiomaster, A&H, Ramsa type boards sound the best
for drums? Is there something else I should consider?

Brad Harper

I picked up a Chilton 12-4 desk and it is great. Like a mini neve I
think. Discrete and well built. Audix also make great desks. Check sites
in the UK as they came from there and were often in broadcast use. They
are both great sounding consoles that should be worth multiples of what
you can get them for.
Apart from that, a small Trident 65 might be nice but could be
expensive. I have a 16-8-16 trident 65 that I may sell at some time in
the not too distant future (after itīs been serviced)
Small sony broadcast desks (MX-P61 is a cool one) are excellent quality
items.
New, I also heard good things about the Midas Venice desk
I really liked the allen and heath sabre but I donīt know if they made
small ones...
Mike Caffrey

wrote:

I looking around for a 8-12 channel submixer for drums. I don't want a
larger console, but I want one that has good sounding preamps as well as a
versatile, good sounding EQ for drums. Most of what is available in this
size is the Mackie SOS. I cant afford a Neve sidecar, but would like to find
something in between.

Which of the Soundcraft, Studiomaster, A&H, Ramsa type boards sound the best
for drums? Is there something else I should consider?

Brad Harper

What abotu the Manley rack moun mixer that someone is selling right now? I
don't know much about them, so I don't know if they have all the features
you need, but it's 16 channels and it's got to sound pretty good.

www.monsterisland.com
Jon Best

Look for a little 8 to 12x2 Studer 169(?) or 269 (again, ?). Neotek Series
1's and 2's can be found little sometimes, too, and Soundbroker.com has a
ward beck that looks workable.

--
Jon Best
Muddy Creek Audio
"Brad Harper" wrote in message
I looking around for a 8-12 channel submixer for drums. I don't want a
larger console, but I want one that has good sounding preamps as well as a
versatile, good sounding EQ for drums. Most of what is available in this
size is the Mackie SOS. I cant afford a Neve sidecar, but would like to

find
something in between.

Which of the Soundcraft, Studiomaster, A&H, Ramsa type boards sound the

best
for drums? Is there something else I should consider?

Brad Harper

David Morley

In article 2qINa.75152$H17.19471@lakeread03,
"Jon Best" wrote:

Look for a little 8 to 12x2 Studer 169(?) or 269 (again, ?). Neotek Series
1's and 2's can be found little sometimes, too, and Soundbroker.com has a
ward beck that looks workable.

donīt forget the 089 too. All of the above are great console and maybe
$2k?

A wonderful example of arroagance and stupidity from RAHE Arny Krueger Audio Opinions 176 April 20th 04 07:45 PM
Audiophile glossary chung High End Audio 79 December 4th 03 01:27 AM
Great Drum Sound Martin_A Pro Audio 4 July 5th 03 09:04 PM
I need Woofer not Subwoofer/Bass GTR not Kick drum Tony Hwang Car Audio 3 July 2nd 03 07:32 AM
Drum software? lismoron Pro Audio 0 July 1st 03 10:55 AM