Dave Hauss

Default analog mixer & control surface?

Im looking for something in the $500 or less range that is a 12-16
channel regular analog mixer with the usual things and also can act as
a control surface if I was to use it with program such as N-track
studio or acid etc. is there such a thing for this price range? where
would I look?

Thanks..
Dave Hauss

How well does this function as a regular mixer when not using it with
any computer software as a control surface? right now I am using a
Peavy RQ200 as my analog mixer and I use the send and returns to hook
up my alesis midi-verb. can I do this on this EZXBUS unit or I also
have some analog pieces to hook up suich as keyboards, drum machines
etc that I want to hook up.. also with the computer off, I want to be
able to hook the ezbus direcctly to my monitor amp so I can just play
my keyboard.. I assume this is possible?

THanks..

(Higgs) wrote in message om...
This is a little over the price range you mentioned, but not by too
much:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/.../d=tp?q=248000

Hope this helps,
Higgs

(Dave Hauss) wrote in message . com...
Im looking for something in the $500 or less range that is a 12-16
channel regular analog mixer with the usual things and also can act as
a control surface if I was to use it with program such as N-track
studio or acid etc. is there such a thing for this price range? where
would I look?

Thanks..

Kurt Ballou

that's not what he asked for at all. the event ezbus is an 8 channel
digital mixer and control surface. he wants analog mixing.
i'm not aware of anything that can perform both functions. but maybe
you can find two used boses for cheap that will get you the
functionality you need.

(Higgs) wrote in message om...
This is a little over the price range you mentioned, but not by too
much:

Dave Hauss

it looks like you can use the EVENT EZBUS as a regular mixer as well
as a control surface.. I guess I can use the EZBUS without a computer
when I need to. the only qurstion I have that has not been answered..
I use a program called N-track studio for recording and people have
told me the ezbus does not work as a control surface for this program.
no one has told me why.. is it because there is no setup for ntrack
and the ezbus or for another reason?

(Mike Rivers) wrote in message news:znr1057173503k@trad...
In article
writes:

that's not what he asked for at all. the event ezbus is an 8 channel
digital mixer and control surface. he wants analog mixing.

If he specifically asked for analog mixing, he isn't going to get it
in a DAW control surface. However, if he wants a mixer with analog
inputs and outputs (that happens to do the mixing digitally) that's
certainly possible.

That little TASCAM DM1000 would do the job if you didn't need very
many inputs (I think it has 8), but making that into a control surface
is strictly a DIY job - you'll have to look up MIDI messages for
everything in your DAW and map those to the knobs, sliders, and
buttons. It's a real pain in the butt. It's only been in the past year
or so that DAW manufacturers have gotten together with console and
control surface manufacturers and co-developed templates or maps so
you can pretty much plug-and-play.

I really think that the original poster will be better off with a
control surface for your DAW and a mixer for your PA chores. Sometimes
it just complicates things too much to try to combine functions, make
it small, and make it inexpensive.