Andrew Schumer

Default Do you think I got ripped off?

Last week I purchased a pair of NHT ST-4 Speakers through the Audiogon
Auction website, www.audiogon.com http://www.audiogon.com. Prior to the
purchase I checked the sellers feedback and all 14 comments were
positive.
On Friday the seller emailed me that he got 2 more offers, but since I
was
the first to contact him, he'd give me first dibs. I took him up on the
offer and the transaction was finalized on Friday using Paypal. They're
supposed to be in excellent condition, under 2 months old, with the
original
boxes and manuals, and he was asking $600 (originally $1000).

The speakers were to be shipped on the following Tuesday, but on Monday
received an email, apologizing and explaining they may not ship till
Wednesday (at the latest).

Since then I've made sent 3 emails (2 Wednesday, and 1 Thursday) and
haven't' heard a thing.

I know the emails were read (at least according to AOL's email status)
and
prior to this all correspondences were promptly replied to.

I'm starting to get pretty perturbed.

If you were in my shoes would you be concerned?

Or perhaps I'm just being paranoid.

Maybe he didn't really get the 2 other offers and was just manipulating
me.

I'm trying to give the seller the benefit of the doubt, but am getting
pretty annoyed at the sudden lack of any correspondence and very
concerned
that I'll never hear from him or see these speakers. If they were
shipped
on Wednesday, then they should arrive by Tuesday. If I don't hear
anything
by Tuesday, and the speakers haven't arrived, I'm praying I can
dispute the
charge with my Visa (otherwise I'm totally hosed).

Any thoughts?

Anyone???

bill lytle

I can understand your frustration. Hopefully everything will work out.
He was communicating, and there could well be an explaination for not
keeping the e-mails current. Your speakers might have shipped! My
experience with Audiogon is nothing short of fantastic. All the
purchases I made and everything I sold has made friendships. Now e-bay,
that's a can of worms!!!!
GRL

The stuff about two other offers is probably true. Why lie about that if he
just wanted to scam you? You already wanted to buy the speakers.

I'd be concerned, but not worried at this point. Seller might have been
delayed in shipping and was just sheepish about admitting it. If it comes to
that, you can dispute the charge, but I'm not sure how far you'd get. You
paid PayPal, not the seller directly, and as long as they passed the money
along as you directed, I don't see how you would have a claim against them.
I'd suggest that you contact PayPal if there really is a problem.

In hundreds of transactions on eBay and Audiogon using PayPal, I was only
screwed once. That was on eBay when the slime-ball seller incorrectly
described the item and then claimed she never got it when I returned it. No
refund. Did the exact same thing to several other people (I contacted them),
too. Ebay did nothing. PayPal is now owned by eBay. The only reason eBay
works is because most people are honest. Not because eBay will back you up
when you are ripped off. (End of rant.)

--

- GRL

"It's good to want things."

Steve Barr (philosopher, poet, humorist, chemist,
Visual Basic programmer)
"Andrew Schumer" wrote in message
[...]

Jack W. Hart

Andrew Schumer wrote:

If I don't hear anything by Tuesday, and the speakers haven't
arrived, I'm praying I can dispute the charge with my Visa (otherwise
I'm totally hosed).

Any thoughts?

Anyone???

Andy:

Email problems with AOL are VERY common; I tried emailing an AOL
subscriber about an eBay item last week and it bounced back. I
understand your apprehension but think you should relax. I'm fairly
certain that you can dispute the VISA charge.

Cheers,

Jack

WARNING: MusicMatch Jukebox is smarter than you (like XP) Roy Jensen General 27 December 20th 05 08:54 AM
I got ripped off SHRED© Car Audio 25 August 11th 04 07:14 PM
Playing WMAs on the Pioneer DEH-P4600MP Vic Car Audio 0 June 7th 04 12:54 AM
Not getting ripped off. Flack Car Audio 11 October 14th 03 09:14 PM
Pioneer DEH-P5500MP won't WMAs ripped using MusicMatch Cat Carson Car Audio 2 July 14th 03 01:25 AM