Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Manzoorul Hassan Manzoorul  Hassan is offline

Default Sound Quality Between the Various iPods

I am wondering if the various versions of the iPods produce better /
worse sound. From what I can tell, they all use the same head phones.
So, I could use the same head phone on a Full blown iPod and also on
the iPod Nano or Shuffle. If I were to play the same songs from the 2
different players with the same head phone, would I expect to
experience a difference in sound quality.

Thoughts / comments??

- manzoor

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article . com,
"Manzoorul Hassan" wrote:

I am wondering if the various versions of the iPods produce better /
worse sound. From what I can tell, they all use the same head phones.
So, I could use the same head phone on a Full blown iPod and also on
the iPod Nano or Shuffle. If I were to play the same songs from the 2
different players with the same head phone, would I expect to
experience a difference in sound quality.

Thoughts / comments??

- manzoor

Given the same quality of files and the same headphones/buds, etc. it is
very doubtful that you would hear any difference between the three
players. Do you have a store nearby where you can do such a comparison?

Given the above, I would heartily suggest that you go for the 30g or 80g
iPod rather than the Nano or the Shuffle. You get MUCH more storage
space for the dollar with the larger models, and the Shuffle has the big
disadvantage of no screen or clickwheel to select what music you want to
listen to. It's called a "Shuffle" for a reason! ;-)

Have fun!
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Harry Lavo Harry Lavo is offline

"Manzoorul Hassan" wrote in message
ups.com...
I am wondering if the various versions of the iPods produce better /
worse sound. From what I can tell, they all use the same head phones.
So, I could use the same head phone on a Full blown iPod and also on
the iPod Nano or Shuffle. If I were to play the same songs from the 2
different players with the same head phone, would I expect to
experience a difference in sound quality.

Thoughts / comments??

- manzoor

See my reference to Stereophile or Absolute Sound article in earlier post.
One of the iPods is supposed to sound better.

Just for Ludovic Audio Opinions 64 November 19th 05 04:17 PM
enhancing early reflections? [email protected] Pro Audio 4 April 28th 05 05:51 PM
Some Mixing Techniques kevindoylemusic Pro Audio 78 February 16th 05 07:51 AM
Creating Dimension In Mixing- PDF available on Request (112 pages0 kevindoylemusic Pro Audio 14 February 14th 05 05:58 PM