Posted to rec.audio.opinion
trs80 trs80 is offline

Default on screen display overlay for avreciever?

Do any of the middle to high end AV Recievers provide on-screen displays for
their front panel and other set ups? I have HDMI.
Do any of them provide the displays on top of the currently viewed TV video?
THe Pioneer 1016 requires one to switch to its video input and then the
display is very crude text. Then I think only for the Auto equalization, but
nothing for the receiver setup or whats presented on the front panel. The
front panel is impossible to read from a distance. It would be great to see
the avreceiver info on screen over the top of the currently viewed video.

Are any of the recievers more sophisticated as quality of display and
functional content of display.?

thanks!