Denny B

Default Display has no hard wire connections.

There are face plate displays on car audio ( e.g.. CD players ) that
when you disassemble the
faceplate there are no hard wire connections between the display and
the
printed circuit board. I don't know what you call it but the bottom of
the
display has like two rubber strips that press against dozens of carbon
points
on the printed circuit board, this is how the display operates.

You have a similar display setup on Fluke 77 meters ( I don't know
about other Fluke
Meters ). How exactly does this rubber strips ( if they are rubber
strips ? ) connecting to
carbon points work? What are the strips called ? What is this type of
connection called.

Can you clean the display rubber strips with rubbing alcohol if only
part of the
display works. Physically pressing on the display produces different
effects
on the display.

Your help appreciated.

Thanks in advance