Schizoid Man

Default So this is democracy, huh?

The FCC has complained that it considers Bono's remarks from last year's
Golden Globes as indecent, and the initial spark for their wave of virtue
policing.

A little statistic I found in Time:
Regarding the Bono, 253 complaints were sent to the FCC cites the comments
as indecent. What is little reported in the media is that more 257,000
people wrote to the FCC saying that they didn't deem the comments as
indecent.

Since, the FCC has now become the equivalent of Saudi Arabia's Ministry of
Vice and Virtue, I suggest Michael Powell change his designation from
Commissioner to Chief Morality Custodian.

True conservatives, where are you when we need you?

Arny Krueger

"Schizoid Man" wrote in message

The FCC has complained that it considers Bono's remarks from last
year's Golden Globes as indecent, and the initial spark for their
wave of virtue policing.

Guess what? You can't legally pour garbage on the interstate, and you can't
legally pour garbage on the airwaves.

Besides, the USA isn't a democracy. Never was.

Schizoid Man

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Schizoid Man" wrote in message

The FCC has complained that it considers Bono's remarks from last
year's Golden Globes as indecent, and the initial spark for their
wave of virtue policing.

Guess what? You can't legally pour garbage on the interstate, and you

can't
legally pour garbage on the airwaves.

Too bad it's not illegal to pour garbage over Usenet.

Arny Krueger

"Schizoid Man" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Schizoid Man" wrote in message

The FCC has complained that it considers Bono's remarks from last
year's Golden Globes as indecent, and the initial spark for their
wave of virtue policing.

Guess what? You can't legally pour garbage on the interstate, and
you can't legally pour garbage on the airwaves.

Too bad it's not illegal to pour garbage over Usenet.

True, it would put an end to postings by you and Sanders, just to mention a
few sources.

Schizoid Man

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

"Schizoid Man" wrote in message

The FCC has complained that it considers Bono's remarks from last
year's Golden Globes as indecent, and the initial spark for their
wave of virtue policing.

Guess what? You can't legally pour garbage on the interstate, and
you can't legally pour garbage on the airwaves.

Too bad it's not illegal to pour garbage over Usenet.

True, it would put an end to postings by you and Sanders, just to mention

few sources.

Censure me because I have political and social views other than your own?
Doesn't that idea hurt the very sensibilities of your democratic mind?

Please analyze my statements and you will see that I have been nothing if
not balanced. I question liberal and conservatives ideals alike, whether
it's economic protectionism or egotistical warmongering.

Just because I have the intelligence, a commodity that you are totally
bereft of, to question political ideas and motivations, that makes me... how
would you conservatives say it?... oh yes... unpatriotic.

Humbug.

ScottW

"George M. Middius" wrote in message

Schizoid Man said:

Since, the FCC has now become the equivalent of Saudi Arabia's Ministry

of
Vice and Virtue, I suggest Michael Powell change his designation from
Commissioner to Chief Morality Custodian.

True conservatives, where are you when we need you?

Most of them are in church, feigning piety while scheming how to
cheat on their spouses.

More heterophobia from our reigning bigot.

ScottW

dave weil

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 10:17:23 -0600, dave weil
wrote:

Bribery, lying, threating jobs, etc.

That would be threatening jobs, of course...