Jake Knight

Default Basic Componet System

Would this be a good set up for classical music?

Speakers: Infinity Primus 150 - $180.00/pair

Stereo Receiver: Sony STR-DE185 - $150.00

CD Player: Sony CDP-XE370 - $140.00

Cables: Monster Cable's Original 15 ft. cable (for speakers) - $80.00/2
Monster Cable's Interlink 200 RCA cable (for CD player) -
$25.00

Total: ~$600.00

I really can't spend any more than this (this is the absolute max!).

Any information, thoughts, suggestions would be appreciated.

Jake Knight

Default Basic Component System

Sorry about the misspelling in the subject "Componet" should have been
"Component".

"Jake Knight" wrote in message
ink.net...
Would this be a good set up for classical music?

Speakers: Infinity Primus 150 - $180.00/pair

Stereo Receiver: Sony STR-DE185 - $150.00

CD Player: Sony CDP-XE370 - $140.00

Cables: Monster Cable's Original 15 ft. cable (for speakers) - $80.00/2
Monster Cable's Interlink 200 RCA cable (for CD player) -
$25.00

Total: ~$600.00

I really can't spend any more than this (this is the absolute max!).

Any information, thoughts, suggestions would be appreciated.

Robert Morein

"Jake Knight" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Sorry about the misspelling in the subject "Componet" should have been
"Component".

"Jake Knight" wrote in message
ink.net...
Would this be a good set up for classical music?

Speakers: Infinity Primus 150 - $180.00/pair

Stereo Receiver: Sony STR-DE185 - $150.00

CD Player: Sony CDP-XE370 - $140.00

Cables: Monster Cable's Original 15 ft. cable (for speakers) - $80.00/2
Monster Cable's Interlink 200 RCA cable (for CD player) -
$25.00

Total: ~$600.00

I really can't spend any more than this (this is the absolute max!).

Any information, thoughts, suggestions would be appreciated.

You could do a lot better used.
At this price level, I would suggest you forgo the fancy cables.
Use Radio Shack 16 gauge zipcord to connect your speakers.
Use the out-of-the-box cables to connect your CD player.
Spend the money you saved on improvements in the electronics. At this level,
every dollar counts.
Later, you can replace the interconnects.

Please understand that I am not claiming that out-of-the-box interconnects
or zipcord is the equivalent of what you want to get. Unfortunately, a $150
receiver is compromised in many ways. So are the speakers.

On eBay there abound numerous amplifiers that are more suitable for
classical music reproduction.
Anything Hafler is good.

Arny Krueger

"Jake Knight" wrote in message
ink.net
Would this be a good set up for classical music?

Speakers: Infinity Primus 150 - $180.00/pair

Stereo Receiver: Sony STR-DE185 - $150.00

CD Player: Sony CDP-XE370 - $140.00

Cables: Monster Cable's Original 15 ft. cable (for speakers) -
$80.00/2 Monster Cable's Interlink 200 RCA cable (for CD
player) - $25.00

Total: ~$600.00

I really can't spend any more than this (this is the absolute max!).

Have a TV? Why waste money on an old-fashioned CD player when you can get a
DVD player for far less money, one that does far more?

Want a "golden ear" approved" DVD player? Try the Technics DVD-S55 or even
the DVD-S25 for $100 or less. The S55 is the darling of the snake oil crowd
because it plays DVD-As and resamples the audio. The DVD S25 is the same
basic CD/DVD/DVD-A player without the snake-oil resampling, for about $25
less.

There may be some vestigial controversy over whether dedicated CD players
sound better than DVD players, but its moot at this price level. The rest of
your system isn't $10,000 worth of speakers and amps in a purpose-built
listening room, right?

The $100+ you've budgeted for the cables is a grotesque waste of your
money. Use the interconnects that come with the CD player. You can get two
15 foot cables that are electrically identical (i.e., 12 gauge stranded
speaker wire) to the original Monster cable for under $20 at a home
improvement store.

Take the $80 or so you save with the cables, and the $50-75 you save on the
CD player and put it into better speakers. For example, if you stay in the
Infinity Primus line, you can add a few bucks and get 250s instead of 150s.

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/aboutgizmos/infinity.html

Nikoli Yetti

"Jake Knight" wrote in message
ink.net...
Would this be a good set up for classical music?

Speakers: Infinity Primus 150 - $180.00/pair

Stereo Receiver: Sony STR-DE185 - $150.00

CD Player: Sony CDP-XE370 - $140.00

Cables: Monster Cable's Original 15 ft. cable (for speakers) - $80.00/2
Monster Cable's Interlink 200 RCA cable (for CD player) -
$25.00

Total: ~$600.00

I really can't spend any more than this (this is the absolute max!).

Any information, thoughts, suggestions would be appreciated.

In my opinion, don't spend the money for the monster cables, and look into
maybe a Yamaha Receiver instead of Sony.

Jake Knight

Why is Hafler good? Is there a particular model that is good? What should I
look for on eBay?

Thanks for your help!

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

[...]

Nikoli Yetti

[...]

What makes the Yamaha's better is the discrete circuitry. I had a Sony like
the one you are looking at, and it needed to be repaired. The gentleman who
repaired my unit gave me a little education about the innerds. He showed my
why the Sony are not good build quality.
As far as which Yamaha goes, Do you have any home theatre uses? Are you
going to use it just for classical music listening?

Codifus

Jake Knight wrote:

Also, what makes the Yamahas better at this price range?

Thanks to everyone for your help.

"Jake Knight" wrote in message
link.net...

What's a good Yamaha Receiver?

JK

"Nikoli Yetti" wrote in message

"Jake Knight" wrote in message
thlink.net...

Would this be a good set up for classical music?

Speakers: Infinity Primus 150 - $180.00/pair

Stereo Receiver: Sony STR-DE185 - $150.00

CD Player: Sony CDP-XE370 - $140.00

Cables: Monster Cable's Original 15 ft. cable (for speakers) -

$80.00/2

Monster Cable's Interlink 200 RCA cable (for CD player) -
$25.00

Total: ~$600.00

I really can't spend any more than this (this is the absolute max!).

Any information, thoughts, suggestions would be appreciated.

In my opinion, don't spend the money for the monster cables, and look

into

maybe a Yamaha Receiver instead of Sony.

Check out this Onkyo Integra amp on Ebay;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...EBWA%3AIT&rd=1

It will be better than the Sony receiver you're looking at. When looking
for budget Amplifiers, names to keep in mind are Onkyo, Yamaho, and NAD.
Look for Integrated Amps, not receivers. A receiver is basically an amp,
pre-amp, and tuner, and when you stuff all 3 technologies into one box,
lots of compromises happen. With an integrated amp, there's much less of
a compromise, and systems can sound really good based on an integrated
amplifier. If you need a tuner, use this website as a good start on
finding a decent used one;

http://www.fmtunerinfo.com/

Like the others said, forget about the name brand RCA cables and speaker
wire, just get 12-14 gage speaker wire by any no name, and use the RCAs
that came with the unit.

Also, forget the CD player, get a DVD player instead. Look at the
Pioneer 563 and the Panasonic S55, or S35 if you don't want to jump into
DVD audio just yet.
Bruce J. Richman

Codifus wrote:

Jake Knight wrote:

Also, what makes the Yamahas better at this price range?

Thanks to everyone for your help.

"Jake Knight" wrote in message
link.net...

What's a good Yamaha Receiver?

JK

"Nikoli Yetti" wrote in message

"Jake Knight" wrote in message
rthlink.net...

Would this be a good set up for classical music?

Speakers: Infinity Primus 150 - $180.00/pair

Stereo Receiver: Sony STR-DE185 - $150.00

CD Player: Sony CDP-XE370 - $140.00

Cables: Monster Cable's Original 15 ft. cable (for speakers) -

$80.00/2

Monster Cable's Interlink 200 RCA cable (for CD player) -
$25.00

Total: ~$600.00

I really can't spend any more than this (this is the absolute max!).

Any information, thoughts, suggestions would be appreciated.

In my opinion, don't spend the money for the monster cables, and look

into

maybe a Yamaha Receiver instead of Sony.

Check out this Onkyo Integra amp on Ebay;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...39&category=32

80&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT&rd=1

It will be better than the Sony receiver you're looking at. When looking
for budget Amplifiers, names to keep in mind are Onkyo, Yamaho, and NAD.
Look for Integrated Amps, not receivers.

Agreed. Also add Rotel to your list of integrated amplifiers worth
considering.

A receiver is basically an amp,
pre-amp, and tuner, and when you stuff all 3 technologies into one box,
lots of compromises happen. With an integrated amp, there's much less of
a compromise, and systems can sound really good based on an integrated
amplifier.

Also agreed.

If you need a tuner, use this website as a good start on
finding a decent used one;

http://www.fmtunerinfo.com/

Like the others said, forget about the name brand RCA cables and speaker
wire, just get 12-14 gage speaker wire by any no name, and use the RCAs
that came with the unit.

Also, forget the CD player, get a DVD player instead. Look at the
Pioneer 563 and the Panasonic S55, or S35 if you don't want to jump into
DVD audio just yet.

Bruce J. Richman

Robert Morein

"Jake Knight" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Why is Hafler good? Is there a particular model that is good? What should

look for on eBay?

Thanks for your help!

The classic cheapie setup is:
DH-200 power amp (110 watts/channel into 8 ohms, 150 watts/channel into 4
ohms)
DH-110 preamp

I would skip the tuner, but there are scads of cheap used tuners out there.

Arny Krueger

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

"Jake Knight" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Why is Hafler good? Is there a particular model that is good? What
should I look for on eBay?

Thanks for your help!

The classic cheapie setup is:
DH-200 power amp (110 watts/channel into 8 ohms, 150 watts/channel
into 4 ohms)
DH-110 preamp

I would skip the tuner, but there are scads of cheap used tuners out
there.

Recent closed auctions on eBay for DH products that could be reasonably
recommended:

DH-200 $131
DH-200 $150
DH-200 $150
DH-200 $150
DH-200 $209

DH-110 $110.

DH 330 $67

Estimate about $320 for all 3, if you could line them up. The real winner in
the group would be a DH-200 or DH-200

Kalman Rubinson

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 14:16:54 -0500, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

Estimate about $320 for all 3, if you could line them up. The real winner in
the group would be a DH-200 or DH-200

Yes. Hard to choose between those two. ;-)

Kal
Jake Knight

Could someone tell me what he/she thinks of Yamaha's HTR-5230 (~$130.00)? Is
it better than the Sony STR-DE185 - ($150.00)?

I don't think separate amplifier/tuner is for me, I just want a good basic
component system that will last me till I get a much better system.

Thanks for the help!

JK

MINe 109

wrote:

Estimate about $320 for all 3, if you could line them up. The real winner in
the group would be a DH-200 or DH-200

Yes. Hard to choose between those two. ;-)

Thanks for admitting that amps = amps. :-)

Stephen

Jake Knight

Could someone suggest a Yamaha receiver for under $200.00?

Thanks,

JK

Joseph Oberlander

Default Basic Component System(long)

Jake Knight wrote:

Speakers: Infinity Primus 150 - $180.00/pair

Stereo Receiver: Sony STR-DE185 - $150.00

CD Player: Sony CDP-XE370 - $140.00

Cables: Monster Cable's Original 15 ft. cable (for speakers) -

$80.00/2

Monster Cable's Interlink 200 RCA cable (for CD player) -
$25.00

Total: ~$600.00

Sorry bout the quotes - got her a bit late. I mean - REAL ADVICE
WANTED POST???

Receiver - stereo. Something used like an old Kenwood circa
1995 or so. Maybe $75-100. My recommedation would be to get
an old Dolby Digital 5.1 receiver from that era. Most people
are fairly throwing them out as junk because they don't do
DTS. Still, for budget 2-channel amps, they are great.

If you buy new, get a cheap DVD player. Mine is an Akai
that I got on sale for $80. It does DVDs, CDs, MP3s, and
so on - basically a computer type DVD player with a sound
board and power supply in a nice case. It's shockingly
effective for the price. I think it retailed for $120
originally.

You have the amplifier and CD player for $150-$175. Cables -
use normal 12 or 14 gauge electrical wire. If you feel like
making it astheticaly pleasing, take the two wires and slowly
wind them in a drill motor(other ends in a vise). When it is
about one turn every 4-6 inches or so, hold it there overnight.
In the morning, carefully remove it and then apply some heat
shrink tubing to it. The end result if done correctly is
cable that works and looks like designer cable for pennies a foot.

You can also use zip ties or run them under the carpet
or whatnot. If you run it in the walls, use the telephone/
cable TV system and not the A/C. Lastly - the coating on
the wires can easily be painted over. There are also baseboards
and wood trim with a channel cut in them for wires available.

Figure $25 for RCA cables and wires, at most, and tax/shipping.
The RCA cable that the person selling the CD player will give
you is good enough for a basic setup. Free. Electrical
wire can also be had nearly free. At worst, it's $18 a 500ft roll
last I bought it. Maybe $10 for the heat shrink tubing, or
just use zip ties. Me - I always just used zipcord, wire tacks,
and painted it over - run along the baseboards.

So - $200 total spent. That leaves $400-$450 for a good set
of speakers. This much allows you to actually get decent sound,
even new. But we're buying used. If you want small towers,
that translates into a $800 pair of new speakers for $400 or so.

That's excellent sound - something like a pair of Tannoy Saturn
S6L/Rs or JBL Pro monitors or Maybe something like a pair of
older KEF, Tannoy, or Klipsch towers.

$400 left over for speakers or more is your goal.

Here are a few links:
I like Audiogon.com myself. It tends to weed out the junk.
EBay - I only shop there if I can look at it locally beforehand.
Audiogon - so far - none of the EBay junk/hit and miss syndrome.

This is for speakers - Ebay seems to be a decent place for the
other stuff, though - just shop carefully and bit low - there's
always another deal tommorrow. My gripe with Ebay is that it's become
rife with retailers dumping old stock at nearly retail prices.
Finding actual used electronic equipment is a bit hard at times.

(looks in classifieds on Audiogon)
http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/auc....44442&auc&3&4&
Here's a typical auction - an old 5.1 receiver. Figure $100 or so
by the time it's over. This one I'd pass on unless you plan to do
the HT thing later, as DTS isn't really necessarry and a DD only
model will practically be given away.

Or you could go old-school:
I had one exactly like this in College. Very capable and simple design.
Basically an older Kenwood with a digital tuner. The 60W is
continuous(RMS), so it's comparable to a more modern 80-100wpc model
after they switched to peak power for wattage ratings. It's really
loud - trust me

This is the receiver to buy, IMO:

Me - I'd contact him directly as he has no bids and offer $50 including
shipping. Shipping will cost him $20, so it's a fair price. Amplifier
problem solved on a tight budget.

***

CD: CDs are trickier. Moving parts and whatnot. The smart money
is on a cheap DVD/MP3/CD player for $75-$100. Mine even has 5 channel
outputs(built in decoder). Yes, it's lame, but if you wanted
surround sound on a tight budget, it's good enough to watch movies.
Just add a couple of amplified surround speakers and enjoy.
http://www.akai.com/product_detail.a...id2=18&id3=288

My model is black - same thing, though.
The list of things it plays is impressive for the price, IMO.

http://www.akai.com/product_detail.a...id2=18&id3=289
This is better - progressive scan.

These are hard to find, but I frequent the various offshore/import
electronics stores here in L.A. $80 was a steal - lol.
So sue me - I wanted the Karaoke feature.

Something simmilar but easy to find:
Amazon.com - Toshiba SD-3950
After rebates, it's $49.99. Pregressive scan. No region-free
or Karaoke or built in DTS decoder, but it does play DVDs and
CDs and MP3s.

This and the amplifier come out to be $100 after rebates.
That leaves $500 for speakers!

http://www.storesonline.com/site/520988/product/DVD
A dual-region version of mine - perfect if you like to rent
DVDs from Japan or China. $129 - a bit expensive, but as
you can see, $50 for an old amp leaves you TONS of money
for a DVD player - either $50 and does the basics, or
fancy for around $100-$150.

The $50 would probably be best for you, though - it's
a CD and MP3CD player with DVD playback.

***
Speakers. Time to go to to Audiogon.com

$500 left to spend on speakers, used - that's basically
anything you want that would cost $1000 new.

Tannoy:
http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls....oni&1083291124
Offer $500 and see if he goes for it.

http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls....ull&1082134368
A pair of towers and a center for future use. $450 OBO.

KEF:
http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls....ull&1083453441
A nice tower. Or get a good pair of bookshelf speakers.

B&W
http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls....ull&1083379449
A nice pair of 603s.

http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls....oni&1082231801
A pair of little ones. Used speakers are the best deals
in audio.

Others:
http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls....oni&1081553877
Needs a new woofer, possibly. $500 obo. This is a very
good pair of large bookshelf speakers, btw - well worth
the money if he's somewhat local. The replacement speaker
is $40.90 at www.madisound.com if you care.

This seems to be a deal, to me. These are very good bookshelf
speakers, and he's willing to haggle as well as include some
stands. Those 603s are also very attractive.

The buy it and forget about it choice, though, is the pair
of Tannoy S8L/Rs - well worth every penny. Gorgeous sound.

Edwin Pawlowski

Kalman Rubinson said:

Estimate about $320 for all 3, if you could line them up. The real

winner in
the group would be a DH-200 or DH-200

Yes. Hard to choose between those two. ;-)

Are you serious? The DH-200 is clearly superior to the DH-200. Just listen
to them side by side and I think you'll agree.
Ed

Joseph Oberlander

I forgot to mention:

$70 for the DVD player minus $20 rebate.
$50 for the older receiver. A Pioneer SX-6 or simmilar is fine.
This includes haggling over shipping and tax.
----
$100 spent.
$550 left.

HUH?

You see - if your budget was $600 new, that included $50 in tax
which used you avoid. So it's really $550 for speakers.
Used is the way to go with almost everything in life that
it's prudent to do so with. My last leather jacket was
used, as was my lawnmower and TV. These sorts of items
are easy to find in mint condition and usually demand a premium
when new - a win-win situation for the bargain hunter.

In most cases, if someone says $600 OBO for speakers, they'll
bite at $550 shipped. You may go a bit over, but it's
well worth it as you can get a better amp later on, as well
as another DVD player, but a pair of speakers that you can
keep through 3-4 upgrades and STILL use a decade later in the
garage or in a second room is priceless.

That pair of Tannoy Saturns on Audiogon - ask if he'll do
$550 shipped. Get the SX-6 for $40, shipped if you can.
Get the DVD player for $50 after rebates, plus $10 shipping.

Me - I'd be temped at the Eries with the munged dustcover,
but that's because I've heard they are good speakers and
I think I could make a better design out of them with some
work and engineering.

The Saturn S8 L/Rs - I *know* what they sound like and they
are every bit as good as my JBL studio monitors - no mean
feat. Tons better wife acceptance factor/decor, though the
$1200 new price is a bit rough. For $550 shipped, it would
be a major deal.

Joseph Oberlander

Jake Knight wrote:

Could someone suggest a Yamaha receiver for under $200.00?

That Kenwood on audiogon would go for less than that. DTS too.

Or the SX-6. You really don't need to spend even $100 for
a good basic receiver. I personally like the older ones
as they tended to have less electronics and therefore
were more about decent amplification.

I found this, though.

Matching Yamaha CA 610II amplifier and tuner. Mint condition.
All I can say is - it is worth every penny and *oozes* decor
friendly and class. This is the little office/bedroom stereo
setup equivalent of the Espresso machine in the kitchen - a
definite must have finishing touch.

The set might go for $100-$150 total, but IMO, this is a stunning
set.

Joseph Oberlander

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Kalman Rubinson said:

Estimate about $320 for all 3, if you could line them up. The real

winner in

the group would be a DH-200 or DH-200

Yes. Hard to choose between those two. ;-)

Are you serious? The DH-200 is clearly superior to the DH-200. Just listen
to them side by side and I think you'll agree.
Ed

Moron! You must be a sockpuppet if you believe that drivel.
The DH-200 is nowhere as good as the DH-200! Just ask
Arny - he has the ABX data to prove it!

Arny Krueger

wrote:

Estimate about $320 for all 3, if you could line them up. The real
winner in the group would be a DH-200 or DH-200

Yes. Hard to choose between those two. ;-)

Juist more trolls who can't make sense out of a small typo.

DH 200 OR DH 220

dave weil

wrote:

Estimate about $320 for all 3, if you could line them up. The real
winner in the group would be a DH-200 or DH-200

Yes. Hard to choose between those two. ;-)

Juist more trolls who can't make sense out of a small typo.

Just another crotchety only fart who can't take an indicated joke.

DH 200 OR DH 220

DH-200 $131
DH-200 $150
DH-200 $150
DH-200 $150
DH-200 $209

DH-110 $110.

DH 330 $67

Hmmmm, I don't see a DH 220 anywhere in the list.

Seems like Arnold is a troll who can't even make sense of *his own*
postings.

Poor Arnold, for the past few days, he's been trying to get up awfully
early in the morning to pull the wool over *his own* eyes!

chuckle
Sockpuppet Yustabe

wrote:

Estimate about $320 for all 3, if you could line them up. The real
winner in the group would be a DH-200 or DH-200

Yes. Hard to choose between those two. ;-)

Juist more trolls who can't make sense out of a small typo.

DH 200 OR DH 220

If irony killed!
Thanks for admiting your hypocricy, Arny

Arny Krueger

"Sockpuppet Yustabe" wrote in message

Thanks for admiting your hypocricy, Arny

I am admiting nothing.

I have no hypocricy.

dave weil

On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 09:15:40 -0500, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"Sockpuppet Yustabe" wrote in message

Thanks for admiting your hypocricy, Arny

I am admiting nothing.

I have no hypocricy.

You don't have a DH 220 either, it seems.

normanstrong

wrote:

Estimate about $320 for all 3, if you could line them up. The

real
winner in the group would be a DH-200 or DH-200

Yes. Hard to choose between those two. ;-)

Juist more trolls who can't make sense out of a small typo.

DH 200 OR DH 220

If irony killed!
Thanks for admiting your hypocricy, Arny

Yes. Arny is always "admitting" his "hypocrisy."

Norm

S888Wheel

Juist more trolls who can't make sense out of a small typo.

Feeling less lonely?

S888Wheel

Thanks for admiting your hypocricy, Arny

I am admiting nothing.

I have no hypocricy.

LOL Guess you can't deal with a "typo." Troll.
Jacob Kramer

"Jake Knight" wrote in message thlink.net...
Could someone tell me what he/she thinks of Yamaha's HTR-5230 (~$130.00)? Is
it better than the Sony STR-DE185 - ($150.00)?

I don't think separate amplifier/tuner is for me, I just want a good basic
component system that will last me till I get a much better system.

Thanks for the help!

JK

I wouldn't obsess about the receiver or cd player at this price range
too much, but I agree with the suggestion to use factory interconnects
and 12 gauge zip cord for the speaker wire and put the $100 into the
speakers, as that will make a big difference at this price range. You
should also audition some other speakers before buying the Infinity.
Some brands to try:

NHT
PSB
Energy
B&W
JM Labs
Tannoy
Mission

I've listened to all of these except JM Labs and they all sound very
different. This is where the real taste-testing is worth it because
it will have the biggest impact on the end result.

As far as the receiver, if you want a Yamaha, get a two-channel stereo
one, not an HT one. You might also try an Onkyo. NAD are going to be
too expensive for this price range unless you go used, which it sounds
like you want to avoid.

CD player I would recommend Technics. If you're not a purist, the DVD
player might be a good idea because you can play burned MP3s (put
hundreds of songs on one disc yeehaw!) and if you ever want to you can
use it for movies, even in two-channel stereo or mono.

Generally speaking take your time. Best preventive medicine for
buyer's remorse. Don't buy until you're pretty sure you've satisfied
most of your nagging doubts about other gear that might sound
better--although you don't have to get exhaustive about it. And don't
ask salesmen for advice. Form your own opinions based on listening.

Cheers.
Jacob Kramer

"Jake Knight" wrote in message thlink.net...
Could someone tell me what he/she thinks of Yamaha's HTR-5230 (~$130.00)? Is
it better than the Sony STR-DE185 - ($150.00)?

I don't think separate amplifier/tuner is for me, I just want a good basic
component system that will last me till I get a much better system.

Thanks for the help!

JK

Also I would avoid Sony. IME they tend to be higher price for the
name, generally speaking are poor quality at the low end, and
unreliable. Panasonic (Technics) tends to be my low-end standby for
quality and performance.
Sockpuppet Yustabe

wrote:

Estimate about $320 for all 3, if you could line them up. The

real
winner in the group would be a DH-200 or DH-200

Yes. Hard to choose between those two. ;-)

Juist more trolls who can't make sense out of a small typo.

DH 200 OR DH 220

If irony killed!
Thanks for admiting your hypocricy, Arny

Yes. Arny is always "admitting" his "hypocrisy."

Norm

Zing! I got him aciting up again.

Sockpuppet Yustabe

"S888Wheel" wrote in message

Thanks for admiting your hypocricy, Arny

I am admiting nothing.

I have no hypocricy.

LOL Guess you can't deal with a "typo." Troll.

"at least" somebody got the point.