Max Holubitsky

Default People that have or do listen to both Vinyl and Cd: Basicsurvey/poll

1) When listening to music, what format do you listen to more often,
every time, etc.?

LP - 45%
CD - 45%
Open reel, internet radio, FM, Digital cable radio, cassette, etc - 10%

2) What are the TWO primary differences you hear between the two (If
you do not hear any or the differences are very subtle, please say
so)?

CD - better dynamic range, less background noise, flatter frequency
response
LP - can listen to longer without "listening fatigue", which makes up for
most of its technical shortcomings on a day to day basis, for me.

Hans

"Arny Krueger" skrev i en meddelelse

Typical of a system that has been balanced to favor LPs.

"I am very interested to hear about people's experiences with both
formats. Please keep the threads limited to individual responses (no
debates as this isn't and should have nothing to do with an analysis
of the two formats). This is purely subjective and extremely
appreciated by me for those that complete the following two questions:"

Please tell me what it is that you don't understand in the above text?

/ Hans

George M. Middius

Hans said to ****-for-Brains:

Typical of a system that has been balanced to favor LPs.

"I am very interested to hear about people's experiences with both
formats. Please keep the threads limited to individual responses (no
debates as this isn't and should have nothing to do with an analysis
of the two formats). This is purely subjective and extremely
appreciated by me for those that complete the following two questions:"

Please tell me what it is that you don't understand in the above text?

Krooger wants to save you from yourself.

Bruce J. Richman

Hans wrote:

"Arny Krueger" skrev i en meddelelse

Typical of a system that has been balanced to favor LPs.

"I am very interested to hear about people's experiences with both
formats. Please keep the threads limited to individual responses (no
debates as this isn't and should have nothing to do with an analysis
of the two formats). This is purely subjective and extremely
appreciated by me for those that complete the following two questions:"

Please tell me what it is that you don't understand in the above text?

/ Hans

A very good question. Especially so, given the fact that neither poster
reporting a preference for vinyl thus far, has said anything about how their
system is "balanced" (a term not defined btw by the poster making this
unsupported claim).

Bruce J. Richman

Arny Krueger

"Hans" wrote in message
"Arny Krueger" skrev i en meddelelse

Typical of a system that has been balanced to favor LPs.

"I am very interested to hear about people's experiences with both
formats. Please keep the threads limited to individual responses (no
debates as this isn't and should have nothing to do with an analysis
of the two formats). This is purely subjective and extremely
appreciated by me for those that complete the following two
questions:"

Please tell me what it is that you don't understand in the above text?

Your attempts to abridge my rights to free speech.

Arny Krueger

"George M. Middius" wrote in message

Hans said to ****-for-Brains:

Typical of a system that has been balanced to favor LPs.

"I am very interested to hear about people's experiences with both
formats. Please keep the threads limited to individual responses (no
debates as this isn't and should have nothing to do with an analysis
of the two formats). This is purely subjective and extremely
appreciated by me for those that complete the following two
questions:"

Please tell me what it is that you don't understand in the above
text?

Krooger wants to save you from yourself.

An obviously impossible goal to all but you, Middius.

Nahh, its just that turnabout is fair play.

Max Holubitsky

Typical of a system that has been balanced to favor LPs.

Arny - honestly, I think it's the CD player itself. Until recently I had
all my discs in a Pioneer 101 disc changer - when I had that thing, the
balance was more like 80% LP and 10% CD - the damn thing was very
inconvenient to use - a total impulse purchace.

I connected my OLD Philips CDP-101 (I think is the model #), which is so
old that it indicates the current track with a row of LEDs, instead of a
digital display, and it's actually made in Holland. This is among the very
first CD players offered to consumers. I connected it about a month and a
half ago, and since I connected it, I've been listening to and buying more,
and more CD's, and less and less LPs. A more modern CD player would
probably help the sound, but having just got a new computer, and new tires
for the car, I think it will have to wait.

Arny Krueger

"Bruce J. Richman" wrote in message

A very good question. Especially so, given the fact that neither
poster reporting a preference for vinyl thus far, has said anything
about how their system is "balanced" (a term not defined btw by the
poster making this unsupported claim).

Obviously Richman, you can't read. I guess that Ideologically-Induced
Reading Comprehension Syndrome (IIRCS) have returned to RAO despite the
apparent exit of Singh.

Richman, just to save you the trouble of looking around for your brain:

"S888Wheel" wrote in message

"I find the LPs to be preferable to the CDs. They sound
richer,warmer, more complex and more tangable in the same ways that live
music
sounds richer, warmer, more complex and more tangable than playback. So the
LP
brings more of the intrinsic beauty I hear in live music."

Richman, what's unclear about "I find the LPs to be preferable to the CDs."?

dave weil

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 15:46:16 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"Hans" wrote in message
. dk
"Arny Krueger" skrev i en meddelelse

Typical of a system that has been balanced to favor LPs.

"I am very interested to hear about people's experiences with both
formats. Please keep the threads limited to individual responses (no
debates as this isn't and should have nothing to do with an analysis
of the two formats). This is purely subjective and extremely
appreciated by me for those that complete the following two
questions:"

Please tell me what it is that you don't understand in the above text?

Your attempts to abridge my rights to free speech.

Yes, you have the right to make an ass of yourself...

This just shows the fact that your hatred of the format guides your

Oh yeah, failure to follow instructions duly noted.
Bruce J. Richman

Krueger decides, as his obnoxious custom, to generate one of his usual idiotic
personal attacks:

"Bruce J. Richman" wrote in message

A very good question. Especially so, given the fact that neither
poster reporting a preference for vinyl thus far, has said anything
about how their system is "balanced" (a term not defined btw by the
poster making this unsupported claim).

Obviously Richman, you can't read. I guess that Ideologically-Induced
Reading Comprehension Syndrome (IIRCS) have returned to RAO despite the
apparent exit of Singh.

Your stupidity has once again been demonstrtated, Krueger. One can always
count on you to demonstrate your inability to make ssnse. Perhaps you and your
buddy, Timmy Brown, can find true happiness together as you go about your
merry, hatemongering ways.

Now, since you decided to exhibit your usual deceptive deletion and selective
editing of what you wrote and I wrote in response, I guess I'll just have to
rub your snout in the dirt in which you live again:

Here's the original post from the compulsive liar, Krueger:

"Max Holubitsky" wrote in message

1) When listening to music, what format do you listen to more often,
every time, etc.?

LP - 45%
CD - 45%
Open reel, internet radio, FM, Digital cable radio, cassette, etc -
10%

2) What are the TWO primary differences you hear between the two (If
you do not hear any or the differences are very subtle, please say
so)?

CD - better dynamic range, less background noise, flatter frequency
response
LP - can listen to longer without "listening fatigue", which makes up
for most of its technical shortcomings on a day to day basis, for me.

Typical of a system that has been balanced to favor LPs.

end of post by Krueger

As can be seen, Krueger did NOT say anything here about his preference for
CD's. He, quite predictably like the anti-vinyl bigot he has proven to be many
times on RAO, just made a stupid, illogical and undocumented smear against
vinyl, and by extension, Mr. Holubitsky's response to the original poster's
question re. preference. One can always count on Krueger to attack personally
those who favor vinyl. The Google record will also demonstrate that he has
long history of making personal attacks against those who prefer vinyl.

To continue with the illustration of the compulsive liar, Krueger's, juvenile
attempt to misrepresent what I wrote so that he could personally attack it,
below is the response to Krueger's response above:

Dr. Richman said:

Hans wrote:

"Arny Krueger" skrev i en meddelelse

Typical of a system that has been balanced to favor LPs.

"I am very interested to hear about people's experiences with both
formats. Please keep the threads limited to individual responses (no
debates as this isn't and should have nothing to do with an analysis
of the two formats). This is purely subjective and extremely
appreciated by me for those that complete the following two questions:"

Please tell me what it is that you don't understand in the above text?

/ Hans

A very good question. Especially so, given the fact that neither poster
reporting a preference for vinyl thus far, has said anything about how their
system is "balanced" (a term not defined btw by the poster making this
unsupported claim).

end of my post

So once again, the compulsive liar and deceptive editor of posts, Krueger, has
been caught. The following points are obvious:

(1) Krueger's name was never mentioned by me in the post in which he smeared
both Mr. Holubitsky and his preference for vinyl playback.

(2) Krueger repeated the same unsolicited personal attack and anti-vinyl smear
against Scott (who posts as s888wheel).

(3) In no case was there ANY evidence that either of their systems is
"balanced" towards vinyl playback prersented.

(4) The compulsive liar, Krueger presented no evidence to support his personal
attacks against both of the above posters.

(5) The deceptive editor, Krueger, once again deliberately deleted what I wrote
and tried to misrepresent what I said so he could provide another personal
attack.
In so doing, he succeeded in doing nothing but to demonstrate his well-known
stupidity, lack of honesty, and compulsive need to attack one of his many
"enemies" (a list that grows ever-longer as more and more people disagree with
this odious, paranoid hatemonger).

(6) Krueger demonstrates both how arrogant and stupid he is to believe that he
can get away with such transparent and fraudulent misrepresentations of what
people have said.

So there we have just the latest illustration of why this paranoid, compulsive
liar has become the well-documented, most despised and hated poster on RAO. A
well-earned reputation, in light of the fact that he has personally attacked
without provocation more different individual posters than any other poster on
RAO, now or in the past.

Bruce J. Richman

Arny Krueger

wrote:

"Hans" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" skrev i en meddelelse

Typical of a system that has been balanced to favor LPs.

"I am very interested to hear about people's experiences with both
formats. Please keep the threads limited to individual responses
(no debates as this isn't and should have nothing to do with an
analysis of the two formats). This is purely subjective and
extremely appreciated by me for those that complete the following
two questions:"

Please tell me what it is that you don't understand in the above
text?

Your attempts to abridge my rights to free speech.

And I might add, the attempts by our local list of well-known vinyl bigots
to slam the CD format and preach LP uber alles.

Let's talk about this recent vinyl sales pitch by S888Wheel:

"S888Wheel" wrote in message

"I find the LPs to be preferable to the CDs. They sound richer,warmer, more
complex and
more tangable (sic) in the same ways that live music sounds richer, warmer,
more complex and more tangable (sic) than playback. So the LP brings more
of the intrinsic beauty I hear in live music."

In football this would be figuratively S888wheel catching a pass, right?

Yes, you have the right to make an ass of yourself...

Weil, you seem to have usurped the local franchise for doing that...

What's unclear about " Weil, quit while you are only a this far behind"?

This just shows the fact that your hatred of the format guides your

Do I hate LP? Well lets put it this way, I was pretty tired of the obvious
audible shortcomings of the LP about 20 years ago. I think that all these
attempts to resuscitate it are pretty strange.

The good news is that the LP CPR is getting more and more veiled, and
despite all the mega-efforts, the format seems to be riding off into the
sunset. Just let digital simulations of the holy rites of dance club
turntablism get a little more reliable, and that will be that.

Oh yeah, failure to follow instructions duly noted.

Asked and answered once, but far be it from Weil to comprehend simple
English when it goes against his ideology.

dave weil

"S888Wheel" wrote in message

"I find the LPs to be preferable to the CDs. They sound richer,warmer, more
complex and
more tangable (sic) in the same ways that live music sounds richer, warmer,
more complex and more tangable (sic) than playback. So the LP brings more
of the intrinsic beauty I hear in live music."

In football this would be figuratively S888wheel catching a pass, right?

Yes, he also failed to follow instructions. What's your point?

Yes, you have the right to make an ass of yourself...

Weil, you seem to have usurped the local franchise for doing that...

What's unclear about " Weil, quit while you are only a this far behind"?

Actually, the phrase "only a this far behind" doesn't make sense in
the English language.

This just shows the fact that your hatred of the format guides your

Do I hate LP? Well lets put it this way, I was pretty tired of the obvious
audible shortcomings of the LP about 20 years ago. I think that all these
attempts to resuscitate it are pretty strange.

The good news is that the LP CPR is getting more and more veiled, and
despite all the mega-efforts, the format seems to be riding off into the
sunset. Just let digital simulations of the holy rites of dance club
turntablism get a little more reliable, and that will be that.

Oh yeah, failure to follow instructions duly noted.

Asked and answered once, but far be it from Weil to comprehend simple
English when it goes against his ideology.

No, you didn't answer it.

Arny Krueger

"Max Holubitsky" wrote in message

Typical of a system that has been balanced to favor LPs.

Arny - honestly, I think it's the CD player itself. Until recently I
had all my discs in a Pioneer 101 disc changer - when I had that
thing, the balance was more like 80% LP and 10% CD - the damn thing
was very inconvenient to use - a total impulse purchace.

The incovenience may have affected your perceptions of its sound quality.

I connected my OLD Philips CDP-101 (I think is the model #), which is
so old that it indicates the current track with a row of LEDs,
instead of a digital display, and it's actually made in Holland. This
is among the very first CD players offered to consumers. I connected
it about a month and a half ago, and since I connected it, I've been
listening to and buying more, and more CD's, and less and less LPs. A
more modern CD player would probably help the sound, but having just
got a new computer, and new tires for the car, I think it will have
to wait.

The CDP 101 was a Sony player, so that's not it. As I recall (after using it
for about 8 years, but scrapped it in 1991 or so because it quit tracking)
the track counter was a numeric electroluminescent display.

This sounds more like its Phillips counterpart the CD 100. You can find pix
of both at this URL:

http://www.hupse.nl/radio/frameset.h...m&ContentFrame

dave weil

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 16:44:01 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

[...]

There *is* a model from Philips with the number 101 (it's a CD, *not*
a CDP though):

http://www.joeres.de/cd101.htm

Presumably, this is the same player as the CD 100, which was probably
the US model number.
Max Holubitsky

http://www.joeres.de/cd101.htm

Presumably, this is the same player as the CD 100, which was probably
the US model number.

Yep this is exactly it. The metal spindle is cool - it's literally built like a
tank.

Arny Krueger

news

"S888Wheel" wrote in message

"I find the LPs to be preferable to the CDs. They sound
richer,warmer, more complex and
more tangable (sic) in the same ways that live music sounds richer,
warmer, more complex and more tangable (sic) than playback. So the
LP brings more of the intrinsic beauty I hear in live music."

In football this would be figuratively S888wheel catching a pass,
right?

Yes, he also failed to follow instructions. What's your point?

One point would be the fact that none of the vinyl bigots around here have
brought the matter to his attention, even after it was pointed out. Just
goes to show the hypocrisy that's rampant on the group.

dave weil

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 19:13:57 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

news

"S888Wheel" wrote in message

"I find the LPs to be preferable to the CDs. They sound
richer,warmer, more complex and
more tangable (sic) in the same ways that live music sounds richer,
warmer, more complex and more tangable (sic) than playback. So the
LP brings more of the intrinsic beauty I hear in live music."

In football this would be figuratively S888wheel catching a pass,
right?

Yes, he also failed to follow instructions. What's your point?

One point would be the fact that none of the vinyl bigots around here have
brought the matter to his attention, even after it was pointed out. Just
goes to show the hypocrisy that's rampant on the group.

So? Do you think this gives you license to display the same behavior
that you're decrying here?
Arny Krueger

"dave weil" wrote in message

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 19:13:57 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

news

"S888Wheel" wrote in message

"I find the LPs to be preferable to the CDs. They sound
richer,warmer, more complex and
more tangable (sic) in the same ways that live music sounds richer,
warmer, more complex and more tangable (sic) than playback. So the
LP brings more of the intrinsic beauty I hear in live music."

In football this would be figuratively S888wheel catching a pass,
right?

Yes, he also failed to follow instructions. What's your point?

One point would be the fact that none of the vinyl bigots around
here have brought the matter to his attention, even after it was
pointed out. Just goes to show the hypocrisy that's rampant on the
group.

So? Do you think this gives you license to display the same behavior
that you're decrying here?

Weil, tell us how my actions are exactly the same as what I'm decrying, if
you can.

dave weil

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 20:43:49 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"dave weil" wrote in message

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 19:13:57 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"dave weil" wrote in message
news On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 16:27:15 -0400, "Arny Krueger"

"S888Wheel" wrote in message

[...]

Show me where I said "exactly".

You lose.

Again.
S888Wheel

Arny said

"S888Wheel" wrote in message

"I find the LPs to be preferable to the CDs. They sound richer,warmer, more
complex and
more tangable (sic) in the same ways that live music sounds richer, warmer,
more complex and more tangable (sic) than playback. So the LP brings more

of the intrinsic beauty I hear in live music."

In football this would be figuratively S888wheel catching a pass, right?

Wrong. There is no analogy for answering a question asked in the football
world. It is simply called answering the question asked in football as well as
in audio.

Arny Krueger

"S888Wheel" wrote in message

[...]

Well then Weil your comparison is meaningless. You're free associating,
again.

Arny Krueger

Arny said

"S888Wheel" wrote in message

"I find the LPs to be preferable to the CDs. They sound
richer,warmer, more complex and
more tangable (sic) in the same ways that live music sounds richer,
warmer, more complex and more tangable (sic) than playback. So the
LP brings more

of the intrinsic beauty I hear in live music."

In football this would be figuratively S888wheel catching a pass,
right?

Wrong.

Wrong.

There is no analogy for answering a question asked in the
football world.

In a way you're right sockpuppet "Wheel". It wasn't really a question that
was asked.

It is simply called answering the question asked in football as well as in

audio.

Obviously figurative speech and metaphors are way over your head, Sockpuppet
"Wheel". Perhaps you could get your mother or a teacher at school to explain
it to you at your level.

Thine Deville

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 09:01:34 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

For one thing, my existing system was great for playing LPs as far as they
went, but it lacked the bass response and dynamic range that CDs seemed to
demand. It sounded harsh and strained on CDs until I upgraded it
appropriately. Once I did that it never sounded as good as it had with LPs.

LOL!

Nice 'upgrade'.

Of course my listening standards had undergone a wholesale upgrade along the
way.

Ah. I see where this is going.

--
Thine
Hans

"Hans" wrote in message
"Arny Krueger" skrev i en meddelelse

Typical of a system that has been balanced to favor LPs.

"I am very interested to hear about people's experiences with both
formats. Please keep the threads limited to individual responses (no
debates as this isn't and should have nothing to do with an analysis
of the two formats). This is purely subjective and extremely
appreciated by me for those that complete the following two
questions:"

Please tell me what it is that you don't understand in the above text?

Your attempts to abridge my rights to free speech.

That's just beside the point. It's clearly stated that any debate is
unwanted, and yet you're making comments to every entry in the thread.

As many times before, a topic that could be insteresting is totally screwed
up.

If you want a debate and make your own free speech, please feel free to
start a new topic.

/ Hans

dave weil

"S888Wheel" wrote in message

[...]

No, it's *not* meaningless.

Failure to admit your mistake duly noted.

Arny Krueger

"Hans" wrote in message
"Arny Krueger" skrev i en meddelelse

Typical of a system that has been balanced to favor LPs.

"I am very interested to hear about people's experiences with both
formats. Please keep the threads limited to individual responses
(no debates as this isn't and should have nothing to do with an
analysis of the two formats). This is purely subjective and
extremely appreciated by me for those that complete the following
two questions:"

Please tell me what it is that you don't understand in the above
text?

Your attempts to abridge my rights to free speech.

That's just beside the point.

It's exactly the point. When you can provide me with a valid copy of the
deed to Usenet, we can talk again!

It's clearly stated that any debate is
unwanted, and yet you're making comments to every entry in the thread.

This is just another veiled attempt to create a one-sided debate.

As many times before, a topic that could be insteresting is totally
screwed up.

It's a screwed-up topic. The only people think that this is still a
real-world issue are either incredibly biased or incredibly naive.

If you want a debate and make your own free speech, please feel free
to start a new topic.

The fact that you are beating on me and giving sockpuppet "Wheel" a free
pass pretty well tips your hand, Hans. Enjoy your vinyl collection, its
probably pretty extensive. When you grow a brain, you can start digitizing
those portions of it that aren't already available on CD.

Bruce J. Richman

Compulsive liar Krueger wrote:

"Jacob Kramer" wrote in message

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 17:13:08 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

Richman, why not just answer the question instead of spending so
much time and effort to talk around it?

Why don't you just answer the original question or shut the **** up,
you incomprehensible son of a bitch?

I did answer the original question. Learn to read before you post. Richman's
disease seems to be catching, unfortunately.

More meaningless and irrational obfuscation from RAO's most widely despised and
hated poster. This psychopath just keeps mumbling his delusional mantras in
the vain hope that somebody will believe his false gibberish.
Unfortunatrely, he has failed - as usual.

Bruce J. Richman

S888Wheel

Arny said

"S888Wheel" wrote in message

"I find the LPs to be preferable to the CDs. They sound
richer,warmer, more complex and
more tangable (sic) in the same ways that live music sounds richer,
warmer, more complex and more tangable (sic) than playback. So the
LP brings more

of the intrinsic beauty I hear in live music."

In football this would be figuratively S888wheel catching a pass,
right?

I said

Wrong.

Arny said

Wrong.

Wrong.

I said

There is no analogy for answering a question asked in the
football world.

Arny said

In a way you're right sockpuppet "Wheel". It wasn't really a question that
was asked.

Wrong.

I said

It is simply called answering the question asked in football as well as in

audio.

Arny said

Obviously figurative speech and metaphors are way over your head, Sockpuppet
"Wheel". Perhaps you could get your mother or a teacher at school to explain
it to you at your level.

No. It's just that when it is so poorly done like this it really goes under my
feet more or less.

Bruce J. Richman

Dave Weil wrote:

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 10:41:31 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

.dk
"Hans" wrote in message
[...]

Now the world can see that it's actually Mr. Krueger who is attempting
to dominate RAO by imposing his will on the group, not guys like
Middius, boon and myself.

It's also interesting to observe that although Hans has not made any claims re.
preferrence for vinyl or given specifics about what proportion of listening
time is spent listenng to vinyl vs. CD's, the delusional sociopath, Krueger,
nevertheless tries to "accuse" him of "extensive" vinyl listening and
stupidity.

Another example of why Krueger, riddled with delusions and paranoid theories
about those who don't share his anti-preference, anti-vinyl, anti-tube
hatemongering agenda, has antagonized and beecome despised by more individual
posters than any other participant in RAO.

He's quite irrational, and continues to give us all examples of his lack of
contact with reality on a daily basis.

Bruce J. Richman

Bruce J. Richman

Arny Krueger wrote:

"Bruce J. Richman" wrote in message

It's also interesting to observe that although Hans has not made any
claims re. preferrence for vinyl or given specifics about what
proportion of listening time is spent listenng to vinyl vs. CD's, the
delusional sociopath, Krueger, nevertheless tries to "accuse" him of
"extensive" vinyl listening and stupidity.

Richman, you're just deceptively quoting yourself here.

A lie, Krueger. Prove that Hans has said he prefers vinyl and has an
"extensive" (your term, not mine) vinyl collection. You can't even admit that
you attacked him without provocation simply because he admits to liking more
than one type of source material. Do you really expect anybody to believe
your?

Another example of why Krueger, riddled with delusions and paranoid
theories about those who don't share his anti-preference, anti-vinyl,
anti-tube hatemongering agenda, has antagonized and beecome despised
by more individual posters than any other participant in RAO.

Richman, I have these delusions and paranoid theories that you prefer tubes
and vinyl. Why don't you prove me wrong!

Why don't explain why you attacked Hans, Krueger? Why did you decide to add
yet another "enemy" to your constantly growing list of flame targets?
And while you're add it, Krueger, define "vinyl bigot" for all of us who see
you use this derogatory term on an almost daily basis.

LOL!

Meaningless attempt to shift responsibility duly noted. No doubt laughing at
his own ineptitude.

He's quite irrational, and continues to give us all examples of his
lack of contact with reality on a daily basis.

21st century reality is digital and solid state. It seems like everybody
knows this but Richman and a few hangers-on.

ROTFLMAO!

Tell it to the folks at Audio Research, Conrad Johnson, Cary, VTL, Manley
Laboratories, Jadis, Jolida, VPI, Rega, Project, Music Hall, Basis,
Clearaudio, Thorens, Grado, Shure, Sumiko, Nottingham, J.A. Michell, and many
others. No doubt, all these companies haven't been reading or listening to
Krueger's pathetic attempts to spread his delusional and paranoid propaganda.

ROFLMAO! - as are all rational readers - at Krueger's anti-vinyl, anti-tube,
anti-individual preference attempts to reinvent reality!

Bruce J. Richman

Arny Krueger

Arny Krueger wrote:

"Bruce J. Richman" wrote in message

It's also interesting to observe that although Hans has not made any
claims re. preference for vinyl or given specifics about what
proportion of listening time is spent listenng to vinyl vs. CD's,
the delusional sociopath, Krueger, nevertheless tries to "accuse"
him of "extensive" vinyl listening and stupidity.

Richman, you're just deceptively quoting yourself here.

A lie, Krueger. Prove that Hans has said he prefers vinyl and has an
"extensive" (your term, not mine) vinyl collection.

I don't have to because I never said that this is necessarily how things
are.

Richman, you're either suffering from delusions or short-term memory loss.
Here's what I said that is relevant:

"Enjoy your vinyl collection, its probably pretty extensive."

Note that this says nothing certain about his preference or non-preference
for vinyl.

You can't even
admit that you attacked him without provocation simply because he
admits to liking more than one type of source material.

I don't believe that Hans has made a public statement about his preference
for vinyl. I see two posts by him, neither of which says anything direct
about his preference for vinyl or CD. My statement is obviously speculative,
based on its use of the word "probably".

Do you really expect anybody to believe your?

Next time a complete sentence, please?

Another example of why Krueger, riddled with delusions and paranoid
theories about those who don't share his anti-preference,
anti-vinyl, anti-tube hatemongering agenda, has antagonized and
beecome despised by more individual posters than any other
participant in RAO.

Richman, I have these delusions and paranoid theories that you
prefer tubes and vinyl. Why don't you prove me wrong!

Why don't explain why you attacked Hans, Krueger?

Non-responsive to a clear and obvious question.

Why did you decide to add yet another "enemy" to your constantly growing

list of flame
targets?

Non-responsive to a clear and obvious question.

And while you're add it, Krueger, define "vinyl bigot" for
all of us who see you use this derogatory term on an almost daily
basis.

You can look up those words in a dictionary and get as close to my meaning
as you need to, Richman.

LOL!

Meaningless attempt to shift responsibility duly noted. No doubt
laughing at his own ineptitude.

Non-sequitor following a number of non-responsive comments. Senile dementia,
anybody?

He's quite irrational, and continues to give us all examples of his
lack of contact with reality on a daily basis.

21st century reality is digital and solid state. It seems like
everybody knows this but Richman and a few hangers-on.

ROTFLMAO!

Tell it to the folks at Audio Research, Conrad Johnson, Cary, VTL,
Manley Laboratories, Jadis, Jolida, VPI, Rega, Project, Music Hall,
Basis, Clearaudio, Thorens, Grado, Shure, Sumiko, Nottingham, J.A.
Michell, and many others. No doubt, all these companies haven't been
reading or listening to Krueger's pathetic attempts to spread his
delusional and paranoid propaganda.

None of these are mainstream companies. Mainstream companies like Pioneer
probably lose more units in shipping in a month than the whole lot of these
make in several years, altogether.

ROFLMAO! - as are all rational readers - at Krueger's anti-vinyl,
anti-tube, anti-individual preference attempts to reinvent reality!

Richman is obviously in total denial of the fact that all of these *major*
commercial forces in his imagination are tiny boutique brands with a
miniscule share in the total market for audio components.

Hans

"Hans" wrote in message

Your attempts to abridge my rights to free speech.

That's just beside the point.

It's exactly the point. When you can provide me with a valid copy of the
deed to Usenet, we can talk again!

Usenet do have a set of necessary basic rules. Without theese rules there
would be totally chaos, no reason for topics, senseless discussions without
purpose, completely waste of time.

It's clearly stated that any debate is
unwanted, and yet you're making comments to every entry in the thread.

This is just another veiled attempt to create a one-sided debate.

Again, the topic and comments indicated that this was a Survey/poll, and not
a general debate for and against the medias. Fairly simple to understand for
everybody.

As many times before, a topic that could be insteresting is totally
screwed up.

It's a screwed-up topic. The only people think that this is still a
real-world issue are either incredibly biased or incredibly naive.

Maybe, but you surely made a fine job screwing it up, just like a bull in a
china store.

If you want a debate and make your own free speech, please feel free
to start a new topic.

The fact that you are beating on me and giving sockpuppet "Wheel" a free
pass pretty well tips your hand, Hans. Enjoy your vinyl collection, its
probably pretty extensive. When you grow a brain, you can start digitizing
those portions of it that aren't already available on CD.

You're quite a guy. Without knowing anything at all about my preferences you
surely assumes a lot. I've been a collector of records since the 60., and in
mid 80. i had about 1600 lp's. Someone then decided to steal my entire
collection together with the rest of my equipment, and since then i switched
to digital media. No point in starting a new record collection.

I have used cd's as the only media since 84, and been satisfied with this
media since then. My equipment today is a cd-player with tube based
line-stage, a home buildt "Grounded Grid" tube preamplifier and a Threshold
SA-3 power-amp, because my AR9-LSI speakers is very hard to handle. This
combination of vacuum tubes and SS is the perfect match for me, because the
tubes gives the music a certain touch of being there, and the Threshold can
deliver power enough to pass on all the details together with a beautiful
sound stage. Please feel free to disagree, but you can change my opinion.

I'll guess you're wrong in every way, so next time please do your homework
before you attack them.

/ Hans

Arny Krueger

"Hans" wrote in message
"Arny Krueger" skrev i en meddelelse

The fact that you are beating on me and giving sockpuppet "Wheel" a
free pass pretty well tips your hand, Hans. Enjoy your vinyl
collection, its probably pretty extensive. When you grow a brain,
you can start digitizing those portions of it that aren't already
available on CD.

You're quite a guy.

Not really, but my radar for hidden agendas is fair-to-middling.

Let's see. I said:

"Enjoy your vinyl collection, its probably pretty extensive."

I've been a collector of
records since the 60., and in mid 80. i had about 1600 lp's. Someone
then decided to steal my entire collection together with the rest of
my equipment, and since then i switched to digital media. No point in
starting a new record collection.

Ah, the voice of overwhelming reason and underlying nostalgia. I again sense
wistful thinking about that lost LP collection.

In short, I may have sensed state of mind, not state of current collection
of recordings.

The big difference between you and me is that I sold off my 1,200+ LP
collection after I voluntarily obtained my first CD player because I quickly
became disappointed with their sound quality.

I have used cd's as the only media since 84, and been satisfied with
this media since then. My equipment today is a cd-player with tube
based line-stage, a home buildt "Grounded Grid" tube preamplifier and
a Threshold SA-3 power-amp, because my AR9-LSI speakers is very hard
to handle. This combination of vacuum tubes and SS is the perfect
match for me, because the tubes gives the music a certain touch of
being there, and the Threshold can deliver power enough to pass on
all the details together with a beautiful sound stage. Please feel
free to disagree, but you can change my opinion.

I'm sure I can't change your opinion so I won't even try. Ditto for your
behavior.

I'll guess you're wrong in every way, so next time please do your
homework before you attack them.

Except I may not have been wrong in every way. I just misinterpreted some
signals and got others sorta right.

BTW, there does not appear to be much homework to do. I can't find one
now.

Therefore, what I saw was the best I could get.

Hans

"Hans" wrote in message

You're quite a guy.

Not really, but my radar for hidden agendas is fair-to-middling.

I have no hidden agendas whatsoever. I just had a hope that this topic would
be interesting to follow.

Ah, the voice of overwhelming reason and underlying nostalgia. I again

sense
wistful thinking about that lost LP collection.

Off course. I had a lot of records never since published on cd. I made a
choice and never looked back. Water under the bridge.

I have used cd's as the only media since 84, and been satisfied with
this media since then. My equipment today is a cd-player with tube
based line-stage, a home buildt "Grounded Grid" tube preamplifier and
a Threshold SA-3 power-amp, because my AR9-LSI speakers is very hard
to handle. This combination of vacuum tubes and SS is the perfect
match for me, because the tubes gives the music a certain touch of
being there, and the Threshold can deliver power enough to pass on
all the details together with a beautiful sound stage. Please feel
free to disagree, but you can change my opinion.

I'm sure I can't change your opinion so I won't even try. Ditto for your
behavior.

I'll just leave all the beating and attacking to you. You're really good at
that.

I'll guess you're wrong in every way, so next time please do your
homework before you attack them.

Except I may not have been wrong in every way. I just misinterpreted some
signals and got others sorta right.

I don't think so, not even close.

BTW, there does not appear to be much homework to do. I can't find one
now.

I've been active since fido-net, so your Google must be defective, or you
can't guess my sir name. It's by the way in my e-mail address.

Therefore, what I saw was the best I could get.

Maybe it's because that i normally don't bother to discuss with trolls like
you, but you will fit nicely in my kill filter, so mr. Krueger:

PLONK

Don't bother to answer, you're gone.

/ Hans

Bruce J. Richman

Arny Krueger wrote:

"Bruce J. Richman" wrote in message

It's also interesting to observe that although Hans has not made any
claims re. preference for vinyl or given specifics about what
proportion of listening time is spent listenng to vinyl vs. CD's,
the delusional sociopath, Krueger, nevertheless tries to "accuse"
him of "extensive" vinyl listening and stupidity.

Richman, you're just deceptively quoting yourself here.

A lie, Krueger. Prove that Hans has said he prefers vinyl and has an
"extensive" (your term, not mine) vinyl collection.

I don't have to because I never said that this is necessarily how things
are.

Another lie from the delusional Krueger. You've indictred yourself by your own
words below. Unfortunate that as usual, you can't admit that you continually
try and distort what others say and then lie repeatedly. You really are quite
delusional and totally without conscience, as are classic sociopaths.

Richman, you're either suffering from delusions or short-term memory loss.
Here's what I said that is relevant:

You're not qualified to evaluate the mental status of other people. About the
only thing you *are* qualified to do, Krueger, and only by experience, not
talent, is to distort and misrepresent what others have said.

"Enjoy your vinyl collection, its probably pretty extensive."

Note that this says nothing certain about his preference or non-preference
for vinyl.

So, are you now going to claim that people "enjoy" media that they don't
prefer? Does this also explain why you encouraed Hans to "grow a brain"? LOL!

You can't even
admit that you attacked him without provocation simply because he
admits to liking more than one type of source material.

I don't believe that Hans has made a public statement about his preference
for vinyl. I see two posts by him, neither of which says anything direct
about his preference for vinyl or CD. My statement is obviously speculative,
based on its use of the word "probably".

You speculate about many things, but never identify them as such, except when
forced to admit that you're making it up as you go along, as in this case. You
also have been proven to be a compulsive liar about many documented facts on
RAO. And no, I don't have to cite Google records, as they are readily
available, and many on this NG have come to the same conclusioin regarding your
compulsive lieing.

Do you really expect anybody to believe your?

Next time a complete sentence, please?

The sorry response from an exposed compulsive liar. When once again exposed as
a sociopathic liar and anti-vinyl, anti-individual preference propagandist, he
tries to discredit others by relying on smearing smelling errors. Of course,
the retarded sociopath known as Krueger regularly makes spelling errors,
grammatical mistakes, and frequently also makes incomprehensible statements.
This has been pointed out many times by those who just laugh at his inability
to communicate in logical, rational terms with his many "enemies".

LOL!

Another example of why Krueger, riddled with delusions and paranoid
theories about those who don't share his anti-preference,
anti-vinyl, anti-tube hatemongering agenda, has antagonized and
beecome despised by more individual posters than any other
participant in RAO.

Richman, I have these delusions and paranoid theories that you
prefer tubes and vinyl. Why don't you prove me wrong!

Why don't explain why you attacked Hans, Krueger?

Non-responsive to a clear and obvious question.

In other words, you can't explain it and are afraid to admit that you just like
to flame people that disagree with your anti-vinyl, anti-individual preference
campaign against all who don't buy your self-serviing PC-driven hogwash.
Thanks for once again showing us all your stupidity and cowardice.

Why did you decide to add yet another "enemy" to your constantly growing

list of flame
targets?

Non-responsive to a clear and obvious question.

Yet another example of Krueger's inability to answer reasonable questions when
confronted with his own anti-vinyl, anti-individual propaganda attempts. About
all this sociopath can do is cut-and-paste his repetitive lies. Apparently,
he's out to multiply his lies by using a more efficient method than having to
repeat them through normal conversation. Quite appropriate for this robotic
flamer to use cut-and-paste methodology as a substitute for the more normal
interpersonakl dialogue at which he has proven to be so inept.

And while you're add it, Krueger, define "vinyl bigot" for
all of us who see you use this derogatory term on an almost daily
basis.

You can look up those words in a dictionary and get as close to my meaning
as you need to, Richman.

IOW, Krueger, you can't define it and now admit that you just throw out
derogatory terms and engage in name-calling in a futiloe effort to brainwash
others. Quite predictable for an anti-vinyl, anti-individual-preference flamer
such as yourself.

LOL!

Meaningless attempt to shift responsibility duly noted. No doubt
laughing at his own ineptitude.

Non-sequitor following a number of non-responsive comments. Senile dementia,
anybody?

Illogical, irrational response from a paranoid and quite delusiional, proven
compulsive liar.

He's quite irrational, and continues to give us all examples of his
lack of contact with reality on a daily basis.

lack of response duly noted. Obviously, Krueger couldn't dispute this factual
observation. His daily ravings about vinyl, sockpuppets, conspiracies, etc.
provide quite convincing evidence of his poor ties to reality

21st century reality is digital and solid state. It seems like
everybody knows this but Richman and a few hangers-on.

ROTFLMAO!

Tell it to the folks at Audio Research, Conrad Johnson, Cary, VTL,
Manley Laboratories, Jadis, Jolida, VPI, Rega, Project, Music Hall,
Basis, Clearaudio, Thorens, Grado, Shure, Sumiko, Nottingham, J.A.
Michell, and many others. No doubt, all these companies haven't been
reading or listening to Krueger's pathetic attempts to spread his
delusional and paranoid propaganda.

None of these are mainstream companies. Mainstream companies like Pioneer
probably lose more units in shipping in a month than the whole lot of these
make in several years, altogether.

Of course, to Krueger, mainstream is no doubt defined by rack system hardware
and who can sell the cheapest products on the open market. Once again, this
anti-vinyl, anti-individual-preference shill for the digitization and
computerization of all sonic material, fails to deal with the reality of RAO.
His McDonald's/statistics arguments have been shown to be as fllawed as logic
in his prior attempts to "lie with statistics" re. vinyl sales and other facts
of life with which he disagrees. Given his parnoid distrust of high-end audioi
manufacturers, publications, and all who enjoy the expression of individual
preferences, his deliberate attempt to deny the significance of all the
companies lilsted above is quite predictable. He really should start his own
NG, where he, DimTim, and McKelvey can debate the merits of rack systems. I'd
suggest they call it rec.digitalaudio.bestbuy.

ROFLMAO! - as are all rational readers - at Krueger's anti-vinyl,
anti-tube, anti-individual preference attempts to reinvent reality!

Richman is obviously in total denial of the fact that all of these *major*
commercial forces in his imagination are tiny boutique brands with a
miniscule share in the total market for audio components.

Krueger is obviously unable to communicate with readers of a newsgroup in which
brands other than mass-markett Japanese rack systems and their components is
the main focus of conversation. His delusional, paranoid thoughts about many
respected, long-term audio manufacturers with unassailable credentials just
serves to illustrate his total lack of reality contact. No wonder his
credibility when it comes to disussing 'audio opinions" - the subject of this
group by title - especially as it relates to what most people here actually use
in their everyday listening systems - is totallly absent.

Let;s hear from all the Pioneer users who agree with Krueger's deluisional
assessment of what people on audio NG's listen to in terms of their equipment
and music sources!!!

ROFLMAO!!! at this PC/digital-driven robot's inability to recognize what RAO
posters listen to and use in their daily musical environments. Hint: Pioneer
and similkar Japanese mass-market brands are not at the top of the list.

Bruce J. Richman

Bruce J. Richman

"Hans" wrote in message

You're quite a guy.

Not really, but my radar for hidden agendas is fair-to-middling.

I have no hidden agendas whatsoever.

I don't think that any of us except Krueger thought you did. But then again,
he has some rather strange and paranoid ideas about "agendas". He tends tapply
them to almost all who disagree with him.

I just had a hope that this topic would
be interesting to follow.

I think that you will find that aside from those of us who are continually
attacked bvy Krueger because we don't happen to share his anti-vinyl,
anti-tube, anti-individual-preference, (and I guess we now have to add
pro-mass-market) biases, others will answer your question in a factual,
nonagrumentative way.

For the record (no pun intended), I have about 1600 LPs and 200 CDs. I enjoy
listening to both formats, but spend most of my listening time enjoying LPs. I
also have what I would consider to be a high-end mobile audio system (I do a
lot of driving to various hospitals, ERs, etc.) which is primarily tape-based
(Nakamichi TD-1200 Type 2 Mobile Dragon). Therefore, I do a lot of home taping
from my record/CD collection so that I can enjoy both formats in my car. I
prefer not to take chances with possible CD recorder/CD car player
incompatibility issues that can come up when dealing with CD-RW's and CD-R's.

[...]

George M. Middius

Hans said to ****-for-Brains:

Don't bother to answer, you're gone.

If only it were that easy.........

Arny Krueger

"Hans" wrote in message

You're quite a guy.

Not really, but my radar for hidden agendas is fair-to-middling.

I have no hidden agendas whatsoever.

Then you're not self-aware. You and Richman make quite a pair.

dave weil

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 13:48:36 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"Hans" wrote in message
. dk
"Arny Krueger" skrev i en meddelelse

The fact that you are beating on me and giving sockpuppet "Wheel" a
free pass pretty well tips your hand, Hans. Enjoy your vinyl
collection, its probably pretty extensive. When you grow a brain,
you can start digitizing those portions of it that aren't already
available on CD.

You're quite a guy.

Not really, but my radar for hidden agendas is fair-to-middling.

that just about says it all...
S888Wheel

Arny said

Typical of a system that has been balanced to favor LPs.

I said

Perhaps you could cite a specific system "balanced to favor LPs" and
describe how such a system favors LPs.

Arny said

Been there done that.

I said

Typical dodge when caught in your bull****. You don't have an answer
do you?

Arny said

Of course I have an answer which is reproduced below. You're quite
delusional, aren't you sockpuppet Wheel?

Personal attack noted. It is you who are simply wrong about the facts here.
there is no such system cited below. alluding to an unspecified system is not
what i asked for. There is no mention of the actual components in any system
anywhere in your post. You know, speakers, electronics and the like.

Arny said

When CD's first came out I was an early adopter. I
found that my vinyl-based system (TD-125/SME 3009II/Shure V-15) came
up short when it came to exploiting CD technology.

I said

Just because your old system sucks does not mean my current system is
balanced for LPs.

Arny said

Irrelevant to the question you asked, sockpuppet "Wheel".

Wrong. It is totally relevant. I asked you to cite an example of a system that
is balanced to favor LPs. You didn't do it. You went on about your old crappy
system which is irrelevant.

Arny said

Here, I'll
reproduce it for you to jog your memory. Perchance you're suffering from
senile dementia and your short-term memory is shot?

"S888Wheel" wrote in message

Perhaps you could cite a specific system "balanced to favor LPs" and
describe how such a system favors LPs.

Yes Arny, I know what I asked you. You haven't offered an answer yet.

Arny quotes me

Your failure to answer the question just shows your
comment was empty antivinyl propaganda.

Arny said

When you keep changing the question and denying you asked the question you
just asked, it gets a little hard to appear responsive, sockpuppet "Wheel".

No and no. I have not changed the question, I have not denied I asked the
question I asked and you have not answered the question. It is a simple
question. Obviously the problem is you cannot answer it because your original
claim is bull****.

Arny said

For one thing, my existing system was great for playing LPs as far
as they went, but it lacked the bass response and dynamic range that
CDs seemed to demand.

I said

Again your old crappy system has nothing to do with my question.

Arny said

Prove that my old system was crappy, Sockpuppet Wheel.

Why? You have adnitted as much in kinder words.

Arny said

BTW, your comment is irrelevant to the question you asked,

That is only because your response was irrelevant.

Arny said

sockpuppet
"Wheel".

Bizarre attempt at a personal attack noted. If you think I am a sockpuppet
doesn't that mean you are talking to a sockpuppet? wouldn't that make you a bit
ridiculous?

Arny said

Here, I'll reproduce it for you to jog your memory. Perchance
you're suffering from senile dementia and your short-term memory is shot?

No Arny, I am not suffering from any such problems. Personal attack noted. I
remember what I asked as stated before. You still have yet to answer it.

Arny said

It sounded harsh and strained on CDs until I upgraded it
appropriately.

I said

Since you fail to mention what the upgrades were or what the harsh
sounding CDs were , for all we know, you dumbed down your system to
compensate for crappy sounding CDs.

Arny said

You didn't ask what the upgrades were,

No I didn't. It should be obvious to anyone that without stating what they were
your post lacked the needed perspective to have any meaning. So what I said is
true, for all we know you were dumbing down your system to compensate for
crappy CDs. You also need to disclose what CDs you were listening to if your
post is to have any meaning to others.

Arny said

Given that you can't remember a simple question you asked from one post to
the next sockpuppet Wheel, that seems futile.

Your attempt to dance around a simple question based on manufactured personal
attacks is noted. Since you seem to now be familiar with the question given you
have repeted it now several times, why not try answering it? Oh yeah, that
would show you were full of crap to begin with.

Rest of redundant and irrelevant post deleted for sake of other readers