Posted to rec.audio.car
ThatOneGuy

Default Need Help Choosing 12" subs!

I've been looking around and only for a few subs that I like. I am
looking for one really good sub or 2 12" subs that will be a nice
addition to my car (2001 Dodge Neon).

My budget is around $500 per speaker. But I've only seen a *few*
speakers even hit that budget. Is the BEST I can get for around $500
RETAIL. I am looking for discount prices as well, a buddy of mine is a
dealer so I can get them pretty cheap. I am willing to spend the money.
So how about this.

If you had $500 to spend on two subs, which ones would it be? I'm
looking for SQ & SPL in the speakers. I haven't choosen my AMP yet,
that will be after I know how much RMS i am going to need to push. I've
looked at Treo, JL, Audiobahn. Tell me specific model numbers of what
you think is good.

Also, ARE there any speakers above $500? So another question, and I've
read lots of flamming over this question. So I'll word it right. I KNOW
there is NO SUCH THING as "the best speaker", but according to YOU...
in your _opinion_ which do you think is the best bang for the buck.
Thanks again!

David

Posted to rec.audio.car
Sam

David, I am new to the car audio world but in my limited experience I
have known JL Audio to be one of the top brands when it comes to SQ &
SPL. I have heard nothing but good things about new v2 series that
they have.

I am not sure as to the cost, it depends on what size you are searching
for, but I know that it would definitely be worth looking into.

Good Luck!

Sam

Posted to rec.audio.car
Austin Becker

www.reaudio.com go to products, subwoofers, and the SX or the XXX series
are commonly recommended for exactly that type of application over at
www.caraudioforum.com. There are some GREAT speakers for $500 and quite a
few that are $500+

--
- AUSTIN BECKER
"Sam" wrote in message
oups.com...
David, I am new to the car audio world but in my limited experience I
have known JL Audio to be one of the top brands when it comes to SQ &
SPL. I have heard nothing but good things about new v2 series that
they have.

I am not sure as to the cost, it depends on what size you are searching
for, but I know that it would definitely be worth looking into.

Good Luck!

Sam

Posted to rec.audio.car
ThatOneGuy

"www.reaudio.com go to products, subwoofers, and the SX or the XXX
series
are commonly recommended for exactly that type of application over at
www.caraudioforum.com. There are some GREAT speakers for $500 and
quite a
few that are $500+ "

I don't see anywhere that even sells reaudio. And caraudioforum is a
nice place for some info, but I still don't see any specific models for
some great speakers for $500. Except for the reaudio which I can't seem
to locate any online source or local source that even sells them.

Posted to rec.audio.car
Austin Becker

They are still a smaller company. I would email them directly to get a
price. They offer lower prices for the time being because they do not have
to deal with a middle man. They are made in Europe if I am not mistaken,
but MANY people own their speakers and are madly in love.

--
- AUSTIN BECKER
"ThatOneGuy" wrote in message
oups.com...
"www.reaudio.com go to products, subwoofers, and the SX or the XXX
series
are commonly recommended for exactly that type of application over at
www.caraudioforum.com. There are some GREAT speakers for $500 and
quite a
few that are $500+ "

I don't see anywhere that even sells reaudio. And caraudioforum is a
nice place for some info, but I still don't see any specific models for
some great speakers for $500. Except for the reaudio which I can't seem
to locate any online source or local source that even sells them.

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET

Spending other people's money!! I love doing this!!

Well, if I had $500 to spend on each 12" sub, I would probably go with MTX's
T9512-44 12" subwoofer. They compare VERY favorably to JL's much more
expensive 12W7. You can check out all the details at:
http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/headtohead/w7.cfm

I'm sure you can find new ones within your budget. Those subs would ROCK!!!

MOSFET
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.car
Tony F

Hands down, without a doubt, I'd get a couple of Image Dynamics IDMAX12s.
They've been on factory backorder, so you'll have to shop around. I see
there is a few on eBay right now, but be careful who you buy from.

Tony

--
2001 Nissan Maxima SE Anniversary Edition
Clarion DRZ9255 Head Unit, Phoenix Gold ZX475ti, ZX450 and Xenon X1200.1

2001 Chevy S10 ZR2
Pioneer DEH-P9600MP Head Unit, Phoenix Gold Ti500.4 Amp, Focal 165HC
Speakers & Image Dynamics ID8 D4 v.3 Sub

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET

Oh, look at us Tony. Now that I'm an MTX owner (I JUST bought a pair of MXS
12"s) I recommend MTX (not JL anymore), and you recommend Image Dynamics.
It just proves we tend to be VERY brand loyal to our choice of subwoofers
(that's not to say the IDMAX are not great subs).

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
Captain Howdy

JL is for suckers that have too much money. Did you not just buy them subs?
You don't qualify as a true MTX owner yet lol.

In article , "MOSFET"
wrote:
Oh, look at us Tony. Now that I'm an MTX owner (I JUST bought a pair of MXS
12"s) I recommend MTX (not JL anymore), and you recommend Image Dynamics.
It just proves we tend to be VERY brand loyal to our choice of subwoofers
(that's not to say the IDMAX are not great subs).

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
Tony F

No kidding, MOSFET!!! Well, hopefully in a few weeks I'll be a brand new
'06 Mustang GT owner, and my plan (at least at this particular moment) is to
put in a powered MTX Thunderform in the trunk. Granted, it's not MTX's top
of the line sub that's in the enclosure (12" 4500 series I believe) but I'm
HOPING it will sound good. If it's anything like the JL Stealthbox I had in
my '97 Explorer, I think I'll be happy.

Tony

P.S. Clarion's DRZ9255 is the best CD player!!!!! LOL

--
2001 Nissan Maxima SE Anniversary Edition
Clarion DRZ9255 Head Unit, Phoenix Gold ZX475ti, ZX450 and Xenon X1200.1
Amplifiers, Dynaudio System 360 Tri-Amped In Front and Focal 130HCs For Rear
Fill, Image Dynamics IDMAX10 D4 v.3 Sub

2001 Chevy S10 ZR2
Pioneer DEH-P9600MP Head Unit, Phoenix Gold Ti500.4 Amp, Focal 165HC
Speakers & Image Dynamics ID8 D4 v.3 Sub

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET

"Tony F" wrote in message
No kidding, MOSFET!!!