Posted to rec.audio.car

Default ford xplorer sound system..

I currently own a 97 ford explorer and have removed the factory deck
and installed my clarion DXZ735MP CD/MP3/etc. deck. I have also
installed my 200watt pheonix gold amp, along with my 2 12' 200watt
memphis subs in a double lined ported box.

Now, my question is, I don't find the system to be up to par with my
expectations, and am wondering what I could do to enhance the sound
quality. I am still running factory speakers in all 4 doors (didn't
see much of a reason to change it), and never bothered with the 'amp' I
have read about that is in the back on the passenger side
(supposedily). If anyone has any recommendations on what I should
upgrade, or disable, or whatever, it would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to rec.audio.car
Jon

You best bet would be to replace the factory speakers. You have a good
signal going to them from the clarion, so if it still sucks, then you
replace the speakers next to best replicate the clean signal.
If it still sounds poor, then trash that amp because it is adding noise to
your clean signal.
Go to a stereo store and listen to your cd, your music, and buy what sounds
good. All the recommendations in the world don't matter, your ears do. Get
the best sound for the best price. Or at least decide on the brand and
model and buy on internet if you are cheap like me.
Happy tunes
Jon

Just for Ludovic Audio Opinions 64 November 19th 05 04:17 PM
Doppler Distortion - Fact or Fiction Bob Cain Pro Audio 266 August 17th 04 06:50 AM