Posted to rec.audio.car
D-Town

Default Can't get amp to work

My roomate just got a new audiobahn amp we can't get it to work? It has
power and the capacitor shows 12.5 its as if there is no music going to
the amp. Has anyone ever had their rca's on the deck go out? Or any
other suggestions?

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET

Is the power indicator light on on the amp? If no, your amp is the problem.
If yes, plug an iPod or any other portable music player to the amp. If the
amp plays, then you know the problem is either your head-unit or your RCA's.
Run your iPod through the RCA's to test them. If that works, then it MUST
be your head unit.

MOSFET
"D-Town" wrote in message
oups.com...
My roomate just got a new audiobahn amp we can't get it to work? It has
power and the capacitor shows 12.5 its as if there is no music going to
the amp. Has anyone ever had their rca's on the deck go out? Or any
other suggestions?

Posted to rec.audio.car
Matt Ion

Making sure there's also power to the remote turn-on lead, of course!

MOSFET wrote:
Is the power indicator light on on the amp? If no, your amp is the problem.
If yes, plug an iPod or any other portable music player to the amp. If the
amp plays, then you know the problem is either your head-unit or your RCA's.
Run your iPod through the RCA's to test them. If that works, then it MUST
be your head unit.

MOSFET
"D-Town" wrote in message
oups.com...

My roomate just got a new audiobahn amp we can't get it to work? It has
power and the capacitor shows 12.5 its as if there is no music going to
the amp. Has anyone ever had their rca's on the deck go out? Or any
other suggestions?

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0602-4, 01/14/2006
Tested on: 1/14/2006 1:25:43 AM