Steve

Default High quality car CD/tuner that does not look like a Xmas tree?

"Margaret von Busenhalter" wrote in message
In the days gone by, there were Nakamichi and McIntosh.

Now the Nakamichis have a tuner that is basically a piece of garbage
based on my comparisons to Pioneer and Sony and the McIntosh seems to
be gone. What would you recommend? rec.car.stereo doesn't help.

BTW, my installer already has amplification and speakers for the
project.

Hi

Take a look at the Pioneer DEH-P77MP

(http://tinyurl.com/fm50)

This has a front panel made from aluminium, and absolutely not one single
flashing light.

Steve

Arny Krueger

"Steve" wrote in message

"Margaret von Busenhalter" wrote in message
In the days gone by, there were Nakamichi and McIntosh.

Now the Nakamichis have a tuner that is basically a piece of
garbage based on my comparisons to Pioneer and Sony and the
McIntosh seems to be gone. What would you recommend?
rec.car.stereo doesn't help.

BTW, my installer already has amplification and speakers for the
project.

Hi

Take a look at the Pioneer DEH-P77MP

(http://tinyurl.com/fm50)

This has a front panel made from aluminium, and absolutely not one
single flashing light.

Obviously too tasteful for US distribution.