NYD2

Default Denon problems

I have a Denon AVR-5803 receiver and a DVD-9000 player. I have a
problem with each and I'm hoping it's just something obscure in the
setups I haven't done right. Issue 1: The AVR-5803 will play audio
from my satellite TV or VHS player into a second room via the m-zone2
terminals, but I can't get audio from my CD player or DVD player into
that room. The speakers go silent. This is a bit baffling because
you'd think all I'd have to do is select a different source for the
audio since the speakers are obviously hooked up correctly. Issue 2:
My system is hooked up to a Sony KP53 rear projection TV which is HDTV
and progressive-scan compatible. I have component cables running from
the DVD player into the receiver, and from there into the TV. But when
I try to select Progressive as the video-out source on the DVD player,
the image splits into two and is very distorted. It plays fine on
Interlaced but I'd obviously like to take advantage of the better
Progressive scan setting. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Neill Massello

NYD2 wrote:

I have a Denon AVR-5803 receiver and a DVD-9000 player. I have a
problem with each and I'm hoping it's just something obscure in the
setups I haven't done right. Issue 1: The AVR-5803 will play audio
from my satellite TV or VHS player into a second room via the m-zone2
terminals, but I can't get audio from my CD player or DVD player into
that room. The speakers go silent. This is a bit baffling because
you'd think all I'd have to do is select a different source for the
audio since the speakers are obviously hooked up correctly.

Do you have analog (RCA plug) connections from the CD and DVD players to
the receiver? The multi-zone output on Denon receivers function as
switches (with optional volume control) for analog sources. The receiver
does not convert digital sources to analog for multi-zone output.