SmilingSinner

Default rca cable ?

Are the standard rca cables used in home theatre the same as the ones used
in car audio- I have good monster cable ones that I would like to use if
possible-
By the way thanks for the help and information my stereo goes in friday and
I will let you all know how it goes and what it is
Aaron

Hallraker

"SmilingSinner" wrote in message
Are the standard rca cables used in home theatre the same as the ones used
in car audio- I have good monster cable ones that I would like to use if
possible-
By the way thanks for the help and information my stereo goes in friday

and
I will let you all know how it goes and what it is
Aaron

RCAs are RCAs. The general belief among most people, myself included, is
that any properly constructed RCA cable will do just fine. Actually, about
the only people who don't follow this belief are the ones selling the
neon-jacketed inch-thick RCA cables for hundreds of dollars.

I was going to use some super-generic plain looking RCA cables in my
vehicle, or even make my own, but I got a set of Rockford Fosgate RCA cables
for free with my amp, so I just used those instead. But, since you already
have the Monster cables, go for it.

-Matt

scott johnson

"Hallraker" wrote in message

[...]

i used to use a very inexpensive brand called Vanco. these were the cheapest
things i could find and i never had any noise in my systems and couldn't
notice any difference between those and the Pheonix Gold offerings as far as
sound quality.

Hallraker

i used to use a very inexpensive brand called Vanco. these were the
cheapest
things i could find and i never had any noise in my systems and couldn't
notice any difference between those and the Pheonix Gold offerings as far

as
sound quality.

Exactly. I'm using some RCA cables from the 1970's on my home stereo and
they sound just fine, although I did have some dirt/corrosion on the left
one that needed to be cleaned off. Once that was done, however, they
sounded exactly the same as the Monster cables I had. (I was trying to
figure out where to use the Monster cables and where to use the old cables,
when I discovered that it didn't seem to matter, I could not hear a
difference.)

-Matt

LP12 - replacing tonearm cable? Rob Fisher General 0 June 16th 04 12:16 AM
Cable issue Colin Green General 5 April 18th 04 11:52 PM
Seeking advice on speaker cable Eric the Mac Guy General 12 September 17th 03 11:39 AM
Monster cable RCAs, Old -VS- New? Kevin McMurtrie Car Audio 13 July 14th 03 10:46 PM
External RCA leads from Computer to HiFi D Shadford General 0 July 1st 03 09:34 AM