Kevin McMurtrie

Default Monster cable RCAs, Old -VS- New?

In article ,
Sanitarium wrote:

Hi I have an old set of interlink 301s, circa 1988 form a previous
install. They work fine. Are these still any good by todays
standards? Ive been out of the loop for over a decade and am curious
how the vintage stuff stacks up with the current crop RCA cables.

Do you all think it would be worth the $$$ for me to upgrade? Can any
of you hear a difference?

if it helps any my amps are hifonics series VIII and headunit is a
pioneer DEH-P5200

thanks,
Garrett

Monster cable is pure scam. They make Bose look scientific.

A thick braided shield, secure connections, corrosion resistant
platings, and good strain reliefs will deliver perfect sound for years.
Even midrange Radio Shack cables do it. You can even build your own
perfect cable from bulk parts for about $0.30 a foot and $4 for a pair
of gold pated machined brass RCA connectors.
Soundfreak03

Hi I have an old set of interlink 301s, circa 1988 form a previous
install. They work fine. Are these still any good by todays
standards? Ive been out of the loop for over a decade and am curious
how the vintage stuff stacks up with the current crop RCA cables.

Do you all think it would be worth the $$$ for me to upgrade? Can any
of you hear a difference?

if it helps any my amps are hifonics series VIII and headunit is a
pioneer DEH-P5200

thanks,
Garrett

They are more than adequate. Like Kevin has said Monster Cable is just a scam.
All of this high end cable crap is just that. It doesnt hurt your system any
but it is certainly not worth the money spent. I typically use Belden 8451 bulk
cable which I get for around $20 dollars for 100 feet. When I get in the
looking fancy mood I get some Red and White heatshrink and put that around the
connector when I am done putting them together. So just save your money.

Les

TomTom

Generally speaking RCA cables are RCA cables are RCA cables.. as long as the
connections are made properly and insulated properly your ears won't hear
the difference, especially in an automotive environment.

Don't buy into any of the marketing hype that Monster Cable or any other
cable mfg spews out, it's all BS

"Sanitarium" wrote in message
Hi I have an old set of interlink 301s, circa 1988 form a previous
install. They work fine. Are these still any good by todays
standards? Ive been out of the loop for over a decade and am curious
how the vintage stuff stacks up with the current crop RCA cables.

Do you all think it would be worth the $$$ for me to upgrade? Can any
of you hear a difference?

if it helps any my amps are hifonics series VIII and headunit is a
pioneer DEH-P5200

thanks,
Garrett

---

alon levy

gee thats nice to know after i just spent 59.99 on the stinger expert
cables! retail was 100$.
anything else fake in the caraudio biz?
--
alon levy
CarAudioForum.com - Usenet Gateway w/over half a million post online!

Mark Zarella

Hi I have an old set of interlink 301s, circa 1988 form a previous
install. They work fine. Are these still any good by todays
standards? Ive been out of the loop for over a decade and am curious
how the vintage stuff stacks up with the current crop RCA cables.

Do you all think it would be worth the $$$ for me to upgrade? Can any
of you hear a difference?

if it helps any my amps are hifonics series VIII and headunit is a
pioneer DEH-P5200

Get a meter and make sure everything is still intact.

Mark Zarella

They are more than adequate. Like Kevin has said Monster Cable is just a
scam.
All of this high end cable crap is just that.

Well, the exception is this cable...

http://www.teamrocs.org/voodoo/tRcrap/

Mark Zarella

anything else fake in the caraudio biz?

You name it.

-E-F-F-E-N-D-I-

Whoever made that Voodoo website must know they marketing. You can sell
anything with good advertising. I liked the trademarks they used for their
"propietary technologies".

EFFENDI

"Mark Zarella" seesigfile wrote in message
Hi I have an old set of interlink 301s, circa 1988 form a previous
install. They work fine. Are these still any good by todays
standards? Ive been out of the loop for over a decade and am curious
how the vintage stuff stacks up with the current crop RCA cables.

Do you all think it would be worth the $$$ for me to upgrade? Can any
of you hear a difference?

if it helps any my amps are hifonics series VIII and headunit is a
pioneer DEH-P5200

Get a meter and make sure everything is still intact.

alon levy

Mark Zarella wrote:
* They are more than adequate. Like Kevin has said Monster Cable is
just a
scam.
All of this high end cable crap is just that.

Well, the exception is this cable...

http://tinyurl.com/g8w3

*

are u kidding me?
what the hell is this crap?
--
alon levy
CarAudioForum.com - Usenet Gateway w/over half a million post online!
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb2/sh...hreadid=148960

Kevin McMurtrie

In article m,
alon levy wrote:

gee thats nice to know after i just spent 59.99 on the stinger expert
cables! retail was 100$.
anything else fake in the caraudio biz?
--
alon levy

Lots. There's no standard for measuring "peak power" so it's usually
something that marketing pulls out of their asses. Jumper cable sized
speaker wire is another screw, considering that the speakers are made of
enough skinny wire to total 2 or 3 Ohms of resistance. You could write
a book on all the things wrong with compact subwoofers, NFB-free Class-A
amps, gold plating, and 2000W+ systems that somehow don't break the
windows.

sl2perfect

Mark Zarella wrote:
* Monster cable is pure scam.

Speaking of...I saw in the Best Buy flyer yesterday a $200 surge
protector
made by Monster cable. The kicker is...they were also touting the
built-in
coax noise filter. I still can't figure out what's attractive about
attaching your signal cables to probably the biggest source of 60
cycle in
the room...

*

could be for cabel internet connections, transmission percentage
--
sl2perfect
CarAudioForum.com - Usenet Gateway w/over half a million post online!
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb2/sh...hreadid=148960

Mark Zarella

could be for cabel internet connections, transmission percentage

Huh?

Brandon Buckner

But don't they look really nice? Don't worry, I bought almost all the
Expert stuff because the color scheme and style fits best into my
install. Almost wish I went with purple, blue or yellow or some crap. Oh
well, the black and chrome/gray look should work out really well in the
long run.

Brandonb

alon levy wrote:

gee thats nice to know after i just spent 59.99 on the stinger expert
cables! retail was 100$.
anything else fake in the caraudio biz?
--
alon levy
CarAudioForum.com - Usenet Gateway w/over half a million post online!
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb2/sh...hreadid=148960

LP12 - replacing tonearm cable? Rob Fisher General 0 June 16th 04 12:16 AM
Cable issue Colin Green General 5 April 18th 04 11:52 PM
Seeking advice on speaker cable Eric the Mac Guy General 12 September 17th 03 11:39 AM
FS: Monster Interlink Portable Northamusi General 0 July 1st 03 06:23 AM