Paul Vina

Default Newbie question 12s vs. 10s

The only real difference would be that 12 will play louder than 10's and the
10's will probably fit into a smaller box.

For the HU, I'd go with an Alpine first then a Pioneer.

Paul Vina
"Whiteman" wrote in message

Hey Gang:

Newbie here (newbie to this group), used to know car audio pretty well
about 10 years ago, but now I'm just an old dinasaur.
The system I am rebuilding from was originally in my Type 2 Jetta.

Quick question: two twelves would sound better than two tens in a box?

Also, I am looking for a head that can do mp3s and either 2 tens or 2
twelves for a box to be installed in a 99 4runner. The Eclipse head
looks like it will do the best job for home-made CDs. (ie. it makes
corrections for different CD thicknesses, etc.)

Here is the rest of the gear:

PPI 4200 AM 4 way amp (under drivers' seat)
5.25 Quart components up front
4" holes in the rear door (any suggestions for a component 4"? )
electronic crossover
10s or 12s in a box

Leftovers:
2 8" Quart mids/subs to sell (QM 210k) (with tweets)
Alpine CDE-7831 head to sell as well

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Whiteman

Sanitarium

Im an old fart as well getting back into it after a 15 year absence.

IMHO 12's will not sound "better" than 10's if they are in a poorly
desinged enclosure. 10's can easily out perform 12's (and vise versa)
if they are mounted in a well designed enclosure.

Garrett

Whiteman wrote:

[...]

Newbie question: What software 2 use 4 recording 2 x AES/EBU (2xstereo) bERt General 0 January 26th 04 04:27 PM
Newbie home cinema question G General 6 January 18th 04 07:26 PM
question about technical stuff Sumedh General 1 September 7th 03 02:12 AM
Indoor/Outdoor setup question... Paul Cockren General 0 September 4th 03 09:41 PM
Newbie question: Any good resources on audio production? Sasa [Sason] Miocic General 0 July 1st 03 02:14 AM