JohanWagener

Default Kiker brand?

I need some information on the quality of subwoofers made by Kiker. Once
again I got a deal on Kiker 12" "Tornado Style" 700w Subwoofer.

Michael \(LS\)

"Sanitarium" wrote in message
Never heard of "Kiker"... Are these Kicker / Stillwater Designs
knock-offs?

Garrett

JohanWagener wrote:

I need some information on the quality of subwoofers made by Kiker. Once
again I got a deal on Kiker 12" "Tornado Style" 700w Subwoofer.

They're using the same marketing strategy as Rockwood, Soundstorm & Kenford.
Trying to sell by playing off a well known name.

Of course that doesn't mean they're crap, but I sure would be suspect of any
company that has fool their customers in order to convince them to buy.

Michael (LS)

Jack in Dallas

yeah except the real Xplod is probably no better than the fake Xblod.....

Paul Vina

Why wouldn't it be? Do you have experience with it?

Paul Vina

"Jack in Dallas" wrote in message
yeah except the real Xplod is probably no better than the fake Xblod.....

n8 skow

er. Flea market that is...

n8

Fea market equipment...

n8

JohanWagener wrote:

I need some information on the quality of subwoofers made by Kiker.

Once
again I got a deal on Kiker 12" "Tornado Style" 700w Subwoofer.

They're using the same marketing strategy as Rockwood, Soundstorm &

Kenford.
Trying to sell by playing off a well known name.

Of course that doesn't mean they're crap, but I sure would be suspect of

any
company that has fool their customers in order to convince them to buy.

Michael (LS)

MEAPPLEJAK

and houston acoustics
Sanitarium

From what Ive read, about half the folks who fry Xplod amps are running
them at 2 ohms bridged mono, and the other half are legit complaints.

My boss has the older style 6 channel I believe, with a built in
crossover on the top face. He's happy with it.

Are their subs really that bad? I know local guy selling the ugly stop
sign subs on E-bay for $38 / ea. I wonder how they stack up against
other subs in that price range?

Garrett

Paul Vina wrote:

Why wouldn't it be? Do you have experience with it?

Paul Vina

"Jack in Dallas" wrote in message
yeah except the real Xplod is probably no better than the fake Xblod.....

Paul Vina

I don't know about their new subs, the last ones I sold were the bottle cap
mobileES subs, and they were friggin' awesome! Generally speaking, if you
stick with Sony's high end stuff you'll be ok. Kinda hard since the
dissolved the mobileES name, but it will usually be the best product in
whatever Sony category you're looking at.

Paul Vina

From what Ive read, about half the folks who fry Xplod amps are running

Paul Vina wrote:

Why wouldn't it be? Do you have experience with it?

Paul Vina

"Jack in Dallas" wrote in message
yeah except the real Xplod is probably no better than the fake

Xblod.....

Soundfreak03

I know for a fact that you are thinking of the wrong name. It is a Kenwood
tornado subwoofer, with a silver/white cone with no dustcap. I have the
older blue model and I love them. The RMS is low, but they handle a lot more

Perhaps he doesn't. They try to capitalize on the name Kicker and the product
line of Kenwood. Which makes it confusing because they both start with Ks. If
someone is not being careful they may end up with one of these instead of the
real thing.

Les