Peter B.

Default Microphone Preamps that go over 60dB of gain.

Hello,
I'm wondering what microphone preamps out there on the market (or off
the market) have more than 60dB of gain. If you have a comment to go
with the preamp model I'd be interested in hearing what you have to
say.

Thanks,
Peter

John Hardy

I'm wondering what microphone preamps out there on the market (or off
the market) have more than 60dB of gain.

All of my preamps can easily be modified for more than the
standard maximum of 60dB. I have done it for several
customers at no charge.
--
John Hardy
The John Hardy Co.

Richard Kuschel

Hello,
I'm wondering what microphone preamps out there on the market (or off
the market) have more than 60dB of gain. If you have a comment to go
with the preamp model I'd be interested in hearing what you have to
say.

Thanks,
Peter

Both Great River and Millenia Media make high gain versions on request.

Richard H. Kuschel
chetatkinsdiet

I might be wrong since I don't own one, but I seem to remember that
the sytek's go higher as well.
later,
Scott Dorsey

In article ,
chetatkinsdiet wrote:
I might be wrong since I don't own one, but I seem to remember that
the sytek's go higher as well.

In a pinch, you can chain two channels of any preamp and square the gain.
L David Matheny

"Jason Porter" wrote in message ...
how about this...

http://www.sounddevices.com/products/mp1master.htm

66dB of gain.

And it's also available as the Shure FP23:
http://www.shure.com/mixers/models/fp23.asp

Someone mentioned Sytek. The web page for the MPX-4Aii
says "Gain: +65 dB range (ref. input)".
http://www.sytek-audio-systems.com/p.../preamps/mpx4/

kitamundi

All of my preamps can easily be modified for more than the
standard maximum of 60dB. I have done it for several
customers at no charge.
--
John Hardy

John, what is traded-off to get that extra amplification?

Philip
Len Moskowitz

Peter B. wrote:

I'm wondering what microphone preamps out there on the market (or off
the market) have more than 60dB of gain. If you have a comment to go
with the preamp model I'd be interested in hearing what you have to
say.

You might also ask another question:

What are the noise specs for those 60 dB gain mic pres?

Are you interested in 60+ dB of gain if the noise floor then sits at -60
dBFS?

Tel: 201-801-0812, FAX: 201-801-0912