Alan 'A.J.' Franzman

Default How do I connect a Discman to Sony CDX-C880?

"Wayne" wrote in message
news
I would like to know how I may connect a portable CD player or XM Radio
(both connected via 1/8" stereo phone plug to dual phono (RCA) plug (R/L) to
the back of my Sony CDX-C880. There is an AUX input (says something about
BUS), but when I connect a Discman to it, I have no way of selecting the
source for it (it only has the original tuner and CD source selection). I
would like to be able to listen to my MP3 cds or XM Radio through the
CDX-C880. Can anyone suggest how I might be able to do this? I have tried
Sony, but no help there.

Do you have the manual for the CDX-C880? Usually there is a control input on
one of the wires/pins in the harness connector. Typically, this pin will
engage the AUX input when grounded. I had a similar situation with my Marantz
701, and made up a 1/8 jack to mount nearby the radio on the dash, with a
microswitch in back of it so the control input would be switched to ground
when my adapter cable was plugged in.

--

Alan "A.J." Franzman

Email: a.j.franzman at verizon dot net