Paul Vina

Default Sony XES-M3

I'd rather have Viper d2500.1!!

psst....John, how was that??

Paul
"John Durbin" wrote in message ...
don't listen to Paul ... it's an evil, horrible amp and you probably should send it to me in exchange for something with a crossover in it.

JD
I'm only half-kidding

Alex Roitman wrote:

Thanks, I hope it's good.
I don't have any other components from XES series, but there's a low-pass
filter in my head unit.

Alex.
"Paul Vina" wrote in message
It's a fantastic amp. It's part of Sony's ungodly high-end XES system.
Sony didn't put any processing in the amps to keep the signal cleaner,
plus
it's all in the XES HU anyway.

Paul Vina

"Alex Roitman" wrote in message
news Hi, bought an amp from a friend of mine.
A Sony XES-M3.
Is it any good?
I looks kind of solid, but it doesn't have the newer features like
high/low
pass filters etc.

I mean my friend said it was very good and the price was right so I
bought
it to feed two DVC MTX 12" 6000 series subs.
they need 250W RMS each so that's exactly what this amp is capable for -
2*250W into 2 Ohm or 1*500W RMS into 4 Ohm.

Thanks for all the opinions.

Alex.

Paul Vina

John,
Terry SooHoo at Paradyme in Sac has a complete XES system he's been trying to unload for years. He's a DEI dealer so you guys already have his info. Give him a holler if you need some of the pieces.

Paul Vina

"John Durbin" wrote in message ...
excellent ... now where's my M3?

JD
would look nice reunited with the rest of my gracefully aging XES system

"Paul Vina" wrote in message
[...]

John Durbin

thanks, Paul...

JD

Paul Vina wrote:

John,
Terry SooHoo at Paradyme in Sac has a complete XES system he's been
trying to unload for years. He's a DEI dealer so you guys already
have his info. Give him a holler if you need some of the pieces.

Paul Vina

"John Durbin"
wrote in message ...
excellent ... now where's my M3?

JD
would look nice reunited with the rest of my gracefully aging XES
system

Paul Vina wrote:

I'd rather have Viper d2500.1!!

psst....John, how was that??