jeff

Default Which 5.25's to power with HU?

Alright, here's the deal... I have a weird situation involving a stock
amplifier with built in crossovers that I'm removing in favor of an
aftermarket amp. This stock amp powers two sets of rear components, using
its internal crossover. Now, I have removed that amplifier and am now
needing to replace the 2 component sets with two cheap coaxial speakers, in
order to power them with the head unit. (Just for a bit of rear fill.) Now,
I've heard that most aftermarket speakers will not perform as well as stock
speakers under the measly power of a head unit... so basically, I need to
find two (preferably cheap) 5.25" coaxial speakers that will perform
adequately powered by my head unit (Nakamichi CD-40z, "40w" per channel).

Responding here will be fine... alternately, any suggestions would be
appreciated greatly at (remove NOSPAM,
obviously). Thanks in advance.
PhilG

Or you could go down to the audio dealerlisten to the speakers and figure
out what you want. Then come home go to www.etronics.com and buy them for
about 30% to 50% cheaper.

"n8 skow" wrote in message
First, undestand that you should not expect a true 40w per channel out of
your headunit.

Second, head down to your local audio dealer and look at their entry line
stuff. Give it a listen and pick what sounds good to 'you'....

n8

[...]

Sam Carleton

On Fri, 04 Jul 2003 at 21:34 GMT, PhilG wrote:
Or you could go down to the audio dealerlisten to the speakers and
figure out what you want. Then come home go to www.etronics.com
and buy them for about 30% to 50% cheaper.

Is etronics a dealer for EVERYTHING they sell? Also, buying off the
net assumes the buyer wants to do the install himself/herself.

Sam
-E-F-F-E-N-D-I-

etronics is also a actual store. a retailer. they have a location in NY.
What you mean by a dealer? most installers will still install stereo
equipment not purchased from that location. it wont be as cheap though.