BANDIT2941

Default Custom cell phone car kit

After seeing the good car kits cost upwards of $100, I was thinking of maybe
making my own for $15. I have a Kenwood KDC-MPV6022 in my car(which has aux
inputs). The earbud included with my phone(Nokia 3560) is a simple two wire
deal, one for the earpiece, one for the mic. What if I were to solder RCA
connectors onto the earpiece wire, then plug it into the AUX in on my head
unit. Then when I have my phone on and set my HU to AUX, I should get the cell
phone audio through the speakers. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work,
my only concern is improper input voltage to the HU, which is primarily why I'm
writing this. What do you guys think, any ideas??

Then I could simply put a better microphone on it and put the mic above my head
by the doorpost. The question again is, what microphone to use?

Any thoughts?
thanks
Jamie

Amplify microphone on a cordless phone Greg Jones General 2 July 8th 04 10:47 PM
When You Hear The Heavy Accent & The Poor Phone Connection... HANG UP!! ____ ll4hP7RBx1u Rob Reedijk General 20 April 6th 04 02:08 AM
Record off Phone Line? Murray Peterson General 2 October 23rd 03 12:47 AM
Custom molded in ear monitors General 0 October 18th 03 03:37 PM
First major custom project 97 Suburban - need some help withupholstery... The Lizard Car Audio 2 July 2nd 03 07:12 PM