bucko

Default Portable CD/mp3 Player for the car - Recommendations?

My car has an Auxiliary Input Connector in the glove box that feeds directly to the in-dash
stereo system (where I can select AUX input and level just like a home system). There is
also a 12V cig lighter socket in the glove box (always powered). I tried out the AUX
connector using a friend's older portable CD-only player by connecting it via the headphone
jack and the music played great through the car's stereo system.

So now I'm looking for a good reliable portable CD/mp3 player that I can throw in my glove
box to use on occasional long trips, etc. Nothing fancy .... but the ability to reliably
read a CD-R full of mp3 tunes is important. A remote control would be a plus, but not
essential.

There are about 215 mp3 music tracks currently stored and used on my home computer (about
700 mb total ... at bit rates of 128 to 160 kbps). The track files are all named by title.
My CD burner is a late model Plextor and I'll be using a high quality Verbatim CD-R disc
medium (no CD-RWs).

I'm sitting here looking at the unopened package of a Sony Atrac D-NE518CK w/car kit that
just I bought for $80 locally (an impulse purchase) and trying to decide if I should take it
back after reading one or two neutral to negative reviews about it? I like the fact that it
has a wired remote control but since I bought it on impulse, I thought it best to ask around
for some expert user opinions about all the makes of Portable CD/mp3 Players.

Any recommendations (one way or the other) would be genuinely appreciated .... Thanks.

Portable CD player for car Stephen J. Herschkorn General 1 June 12th 04 05:35 AM
Portable CD player for car Stephen J. Herschkorn Car Audio 0 June 12th 04 02:01 AM
portable MP3-DVD player Jenny General 0 May 23rd 04 06:01 PM
Portable CD/mp3 Player for the car - Recommendations? bucko Car Audio 0 December 28th 03 08:06 PM
Looking for a portable CD player with a real resume feature Bice General 0 July 27th 03 04:19 PM