Brandon Anderson

Default Behringer Mixer

Hey, a friend of mine has just experienced a problem with a one year old
MX9000. The peak LEDs (all of them) are lit and nothing else is responding.
I'm guessing it's the power supply, but have no real basis for this. Any
ideas? Mute doesn't work, nor does changing the input bussing options.

--

____________________________________

Brandon Anderson
Lighting, Sound, and Video

http://www.bdanderson.com/

John LeBlanc

"Brandon Anderson" wrote in message
Hey, a friend of mine has just experienced a problem with a one year old
MX9000. The peak LEDs (all of them) are lit and nothing else is responding.
I'm guessing it's the power supply, but have no real basis for this. Any
ideas? Mute doesn't work, nor does changing the input bussing options.

In what way does this behavior distinguish itself from the board's normal
operation?

John

Scott Dorsey

Brandon Anderson wrote:
Hey, a friend of mine has just experienced a problem with a one year old
MX9000. The peak LEDs (all of them) are lit and nothing else is responding.
I'm guessing it's the power supply, but have no real basis for this. Any
ideas? Mute doesn't work, nor does changing the input bussing options.

Pop it open. One of the power supply rails is gone. Start at the
transformer and work your way through to the regulator and you'll find
something broke.

George Gleason

Mike, I have a stack of broken 1400i's where can I have them fixed in
upstate ny
they really are not worth shipping out to get fixed
I am thinking it is mostly ribbon cable stuff as they are intermittent
and when I spike a strong signal into them they start working until shut
down or bumped
george

---

Scott Dorsey

George Gleason wrote:

Mike, I have a stack of broken 1400i's where can I have them fixed in
upstate ny
they really are not worth shipping out to get fixed
I am thinking it is mostly ribbon cable stuff as they are intermittent
and when I spike a strong signal into them they start working until shut
down or bumped

Umm... are you the same person who posted this?

In message :
and as you did not ask for a recommendation I do not offer one
I just point out that Behringer has not been less reliable than any other
gear I own
and if reliability is the concern then behringer is as, if not more,
reliable than many many "A" line goods
reliability is not a valid concern for picking product "X" over a behringer
George

I seem to recall your going on and on about how reliable the Behringer
gear is, on several occasions.
Arny Krueger

:
and as you did not ask for a recommendation I do not offer one
I just point out that Behringer has not been less reliable than any
other gear I own
and if reliability is the concern then behringer is as, if not more,
reliable than many many "A" line goods
reliability is not a valid concern for picking product "X" over a
behringer George

I seem to recall your going on and on about how reliable the Behringer
gear is, on several occasions.

1400i is a Mackie model, right? As I recall, it's a power amp. I can find
no record of a "Behringer 1400i" .

Brandon Anderson

If I was the one there, I would. But my friend doesn't know **** about
electronics.

--

____________________________________

Brandon Anderson
Lighting, Sound, and Video

http://www.bdanderson.com/

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
Brandon Anderson wrote:
Hey, a friend of mine has just experienced a problem with a one year old
MX9000. The peak LEDs (all of them) are lit and nothing else is

responding.
I'm guessing it's the power supply, but have no real basis for this. Any
ideas? Mute doesn't work, nor does changing the input bussing options.

Pop it open. One of the power supply rails is gone. Start at the
transformer and work your way through to the regulator and you'll find
something broke.

Brandon Anderson

Normally it works.

--

____________________________________

Brandon Anderson
Lighting, Sound, and Video

http://www.bdanderson.com/

"John LeBlanc" wrote in message

"Brandon Anderson" wrote in message
Hey, a friend of mine has just experienced a problem with a one year old
MX9000. The peak LEDs (all of them) are lit and nothing else is

responding.
I'm guessing it's the power supply, but have no real basis for this.

Any
ideas? Mute doesn't work, nor does changing the input bussing options.

In what way does this behavior distinguish itself from the board's normal
operation?

John

chucklestheclown

In article , Brandon Anderson says...

If I was the one there, I would. But my friend doesn't know **** about
electronics.

--

Then why on earth would you post this request... Just have him take it
to the local repair shop and have it fixed.

Or you could try resetting it by holding all the mutes down at the same
time (this might take several people to help out) and reset the power.
This will reload the analog firmware and sometimes can fix bad power
rails....

Brandon Anderson

Analogue firmware? Fix bad power? Why does this smell so bad in here?
Almost like cattle...

--

____________________________________

Brandon Anderson
Lighting, Sound, and Video

http://www.bdanderson.com/

"chucklestheclown" wrote in message
In article , Brandon Anderson says...

If I was the one there, I would. But my friend doesn't know **** about
electronics.

--

Then why on earth would you post this request... Just have him take it
to the local repair shop and have it fixed.

Or you could try resetting it by holding all the mutes down at the same
time (this might take several people to help out) and reset the power.
This will reload the analog firmware and sometimes can fix bad power
rails....

Scott Dorsey

Brandon Anderson wrote:
Analogue firmware? Fix bad power? Why does this smell so bad in here?
Almost like cattle...

No, it really works. The thing if you gotta press the buttons down really
hard. A 10-ton hydraulic press will do nicely.

George Gleason

Brandon Anderson wrote:
Analogue firmware? Fix bad power? Why does this smell so bad in here?
Almost like cattle...

No, it really works. The thing if you gotta press the buttons down really
hard. A 10-ton hydraulic press will do nicely.

Humm My Birks solved my problems with my Mackies, I guess Behringers ARE
harder to "fix"
george

---

George Gleason

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
Scott Dorsey wrote:
George Gleason wrote:

[...]

Yes Arney you are right and I was off thread topic , just asking Mike as I
felt he had a in depth knowledge of good Mackie repair joints
George

---

Dave Miller

"Brandon Anderson" wrote in message ...
Hey, a friend of mine has just experienced a problem with a one year old
MX9000. The peak LEDs (all of them) are lit and nothing else is responding.
I'm guessing it's the power supply, but have no real basis for this. Any
ideas? Mute doesn't work, nor does changing the input bussing options.

Go right to the power supply as you've probably lost either the plus
or minus (but not both) IC powering voltage from the supply. One side
is working, the other isn't and that is causing the peak LED circuit
to actuate since it's no doubt a comparison circuit which requires
both the plus and minus voltages. The fact that it is lighting up
says it is seeing only one - probably the plus.

Good luck.

Dave Miller
Miller Analog Studios

jazzman

Hi Brandon. Sounds power supply-related to me, too.

We have 30 service centers in the USA at this time. Let me know what
City/State he is in and I'll get you contact info. Or, if it is still
within the 1-year warranty, have your friend contact me directly and I'll
help arrange warranty coverage. My work contact information appears below.
Best Regards,

Jim Savery
Customer Service Manager
BEHRINGER USA, Inc.
Tel: 1-425-672-0816 x 111
Fax: 1-425-673-7647

Visit us on the www at
www.behringer.com http://www.behringer.com/
This email is intended exclusively for the addressee(s) named above and may
contain privileged and confidential information. If you are not among the
intended recipients, you may not copy, utilize or distribute any of the
information contained herein. If you have received this email in error,
please notify us immediately via return email and delete the original from
your mailbox. Thank you.