Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Powell

Default Best computer speakers?

"Arny Krueger" wrote

I recently upgraded my computer speakers
to Paradigm Studio 40 v3 and added 34 lineal
feet of corner tube traps to the room.

Seriously Powell, it looks like you're on some
kind of pragmatism streak here. Keep up the
good work!

I am currently testing out a new dedicated audiovideo
computer workstation to go with the speakers. Despite
the October 10th 2005 article in Business Week entitled
"hanging up on Dell" I purchased a new Dell Precision
380 with 2 GB of RAM, 3 GHz Dual Core processor and
a Raptor 80 GB boot drive. To that I changed out the
PCIe video card for a ATI X800 XL. Installed a M-Audio
Delta 24/192 for the sound card. Also installed 2 WD
250 GB ATA 300 MB/s on a Promise PCI ATA 3 GB/s
card in a RAID 0 configuration. Unfortunately this meant
that I had to cut a hole through the side of the computer's
access cover to accommodate the cables.

On my last Dell build I was able to install approximately
1 SF of acoustic foam, but there is no available space
inside this casing. Also noteworthy, inside component
modules say "Made in China." OTOH, tech support
has been very good with the premium support plan.

Not bad, but the LSR8p would seem to be more like
the classic powered computer speaker (only on
steriods compared to the flimsy stuff that Robert is
pumping here).

With Robert it's *do as I say, not as I do* .