Carpediem

Default Question about audio and computers speakers

Hi,

I have begun to build a small media center with my computer. The
computer is in a room and the TV in an another. I do not want more
than 2 speakers in each room.

Actually I feed the television via a sugden amplifier but I want to
use speakers into the tv room, others speakers in the computer rooms
and a stax headphones that use speakers output instead of a headphone
jack.

So I wll need a speaker selector to feed those three speakers systems
but only one each moment. No trouble with this.

My problem is with the computers speakers. Presently I use Monsoon
computer speakers but I must plug and unplug the system from the
computer soundcard to use them. I would like to integer those 3
speakers systems with the speaker selector switch ans the sugden
amplifier.

Should it be possible to use those amplified speakers with the Sugden
amplifier or is this possible that this break the amplifier has the
speakers are already amplified.

The second solution is to buy or construct a pair of small speakers
for the computer room. Should it be possible to construct something
better than a pair of Polk R15 that are in special in Canada this week
for one hundred canadian dollars (about 80,00$ US).

Do you know any web site that would have plans for some very small
speaker (H:8-10 W:5-6 D:5-6) inch.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

Francois