Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to comp.os.linux.advocacy,rec.audio.pro
Erin Mungan Erin Mungan is offline

Default Is Linux A Feasible Platofrm For Professional DAW work ?

The Linux pundits say yes....

I say no....

My simplistic reasoning, lack of support for UAD, EzDrummer, Ivory,
Waves, etc....

Then there is lack of control surface support.\
Lack of sound card support.

.....and on and on.

And of course this doesn't even include the lack of ProTools, the
industry standard, into the discussion.

For the record, I would love to see Linux break into this area but it is
not there and is not even close and all signs unfortunately lead to a
dead end.

Comments, discussion... ?