Wolfgang

Default Linux audio applications ARE PROFESSIONAL!

What a bunch of elite snobs we have over in rec.audio.pro! Methinks
they are really afraid of Linux and are protecting their closed source
platforms and thus ultimately their careers. I have used Linux to
record many live marching band, community theater and church events and
I have never had a problem. I use Ardour on an AMD 64 machine and use
an RME Hammerfall interface.
I have been able to record up to 16 tracks of live feed at once and
have never even had Linux hiccup on me. I also have Sonar 4P on the
system because my clients seems to want me to use that instead of
Linux, which is fine as long as they understand that I have more lock
ups with Windows in a day than I have had with Linux as long as I have
been using Linux.
Ardour is a very capable program and you can't beat Rosegarden for MIDI
functions.
I don't see anything in Sonar that I would want to do that I can't do
with Linux.

So let the elite keep blubbering on about their over priced snob appeal
ProTools system all they want.

The smart people are using Linux and in the process they have saved a
fortune and are not locked into one system that is propriatory.

Tell me, is Digidesign planning on offering Digi01 users the next
upgrade or have they abandoned you in the name of progress just like
they always do?.

Someday, we will all be using Linux because it is far superior to
Windows and Apple.
So please stop spreading the myth/FUD that Linux isn't ready for
professional work because clearly it is.

Wolfgang Von Gasenhausen

Ku Karlovsky

On 3 Jun 2005 10:22:44 -0700, "Wolfgang"
wrote in message
s.com:

What a bunch of elite snobs we have over in rec.audio.pro!

rec.audio.pro subscribers:

"Wolfgang" is a troll with no interest in Audio or Linux.

He's been known for years by the name "Flatfish" and his trolling has
no purpose other than instigating cross-posted flame wars. If you
ignore him, he will go away and find another newsgroup to victimize.
Fletch

I think all of you need to calm down and understand that people are going to use what works for
them. The means to the production of the music is immaterial to the result because it is the results
that actually matter. Arguing over such silly things as Linux vs. the rest of the planet is pointless.

Let me hear the end product of your efforts. I'll wager nobody could tell the difference as to what
system/software was being used, as long as care was taken throughout the whole production process to
ensure noise was kept out, the mix was balanced and laid out properly, and any editing was seamless.

As any of you can probably attest, I've heard great sounding music produced on supposedly crappy
gear -- and I myself have recorded music on less than stellar equipment with great results -- and
I've heard horrible sounding music produced in million dollar facilities with all the stuff that
should have ensured a quality sound.

Remember that, for the most part, it's the engineer not the gear, stupid, that creates a great
sounding recording. And good musicianship makes it worth the work.

--fletch

Wolfgang wrote:
[...]

Wolfgang

Ku Karlovsky wrote:
On 3 Jun 2005 10:22:44 -0700, "Wolfgang"
wrote in message
s.com:

What a bunch of elite snobs we have over in rec.audio.pro!

rec.audio.pro subscribers:

"Wolfgang" is a troll with no interest in Audio or Linux.

He's been known for years by the name "Flatfish" and his trolling has
no purpose other than instigating cross-posted flame wars. If you
ignore him, he will go away and find another newsgroup to victimize.

Interesting because according to this message it is YOU who are
flatfish. I think it is YOU who are trying to start trouble. I just
posted my experiences and that's that.
What kind of a nut are you anyway?

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...b08aaaf9?hl=en

"For those new to COLA: Hans Kimm, Ku Karlovsky, YouCanToo,
masked.slacker are all flatfish. This is an individual who spends
*months* constructing new identities on Usenet and then has online
conversations with himself. The give away is the kind of aliases he
chooses. Recently he has run into a bit of a writers block. So in a
gesture of magnanimity I'm going to help him out with his next alias."

Wolfgang

chrisv

Wolfgang (Flatfish) wrote:

What a bunch of elite snobs

What a stupid-ass cross-posting troll you are, Flatfish.

SSJVCmag

On 6/3/05 1:22 PM, in article
, "Wolfgang"
wrote:

What a bunch of elite snobs we have over in rec.audio.pro! Methinks
they are really afraid of Linux and are protecting their closed source
platforms and thus ultimately their careers.

RAP? "we"? "them"?
Do you remember where you're from anyway?

(SNIP satbility praise commments)
Ardour is a very capable program

That apparently is barely at ver 1.0

and you can't beat Rosegarden for MIDI
functions.
I don't see anything in Sonar that I would want to do that I can't do
with Linux.

Nobody said different...

So let the elite keep blubbering on about their over priced snob appeal
ProTools system all they want.

They're not HERE if you remember... You;re inventing this stuff so you can
play Big Guy...
It l;ooks silly...

The smart people are using Linux

And the smart people are using EVERYTHING including deaceds-old stuff...
Unless of course you really Do want to go with your absurd implied snob
comment there that 'non-smart people are NOT using Linux...'

Someday, we will all be using Linux because it is far superior to
Windows and Apple.

And y'know, I thik that's EXACTLY what anybody, here on RAP especiall,y has
agreed with... And you can substitute ANYTHING for 'Linux" in any genre and
be truthful since
WHEn 'Something' is proved superior to 'Somethng Else'
then 'Something' gets used more.

What Are you going on about here?

So please stop spreading the myth/FUD that Linux isn't ready for
professional work because clearly it is.

ONE application...
JUST NOW being proven stable/capable enough to be considered...
RELIABLE enough for a 24-7 big-money-responsibility working environment...
trailing a years-long reputation as a new/home-brew/up-and-coming thing...
Is NOT reason for it's acolytes to be screaming about how horrid it's being
treated.

Get over it.
Use it
Prove it
Smile

Noah Roberts

ONE application...

This discussion has centered on Ardour to a great extent but that isn't
the only audio app in Linux, not even the only great one. There are
many apps and the whole thing needed to create a DAW includes more than
just Ardour alone...Ardour itself needs other programs and libraries.

Rosegarden for instance is another high profile Linux DAW application.

JUST NOW being proven stable/capable enough to be considered...
RELIABLE enough for a 24-7 big-money-responsibility working environment...

Hmm...so it IS good enough for big time studio use or at least
consideration for such. That is more than I and most of the other
Linux users ever said. So I guess the argument is over now.

Linønut

Wolfgang poked his little head through the XP firewall and said:

What a bunch of elite snobs we have over in rec.audio.pro! Methinks
they are really afraid of Linux and are protecting their closed source
platforms and thus ultimately their careers.

Same troll coming from the other side.

*plonk*

--
When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
Mike Rivers

We're all Flatfish. Leave us alone, please.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers )
Gilbert Hochaim

Too bad arkady duntov = Ku Karlovsky = hamilcar barca= terry porter =
flatfish== God knows who..
This dude is a super troll who only wants to stir up trouble.

Gilbert Hochaim

Well according to this post you are flatfish and I suspect you are
several other people as well including hamilcar barca and Arkady Duntov
as well.

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...b08aaaf9?hl=en

It really doesn't matter, but trolling the groups as flatfish is really
not a good thing.

Ku Karlovsky wrote:
On 3 Jun 2005 11:01:22 -0700, "Wolfgang"
wrote in message
s.com:

Interesting because according to this message it is YOU who are

Your lies are always uninteresting, Flatfish.

tab

Someday, we will all be using Linux because it is far superior to
Windows and Apple.

Apple is way better. But since you never used it, I guess you
are doing a SCO fud thing.

I also have Sonar 4P on the system because my clients seems to want me to use that instead of Linux.

Now that is funny. My co-worker here is a sound man, and does large
events, with his apple, and NEVER HAD A PROBLEM. As a matter of
fact, they never ask him. And it is easier to do. Lots easier.

So I guess you doing another SCO.