Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Mr Fox Mr Fox is offline

Default New Quads

The new Quad electrostatics are getting rave reviews. So who is
planning to buy? Anybdy actually receive a pair already?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article ,
Mr Fox wrote:

The new Quad electrostatics are getting rave reviews. So who is
planning to buy? Anybdy actually receive a pair already?

I'm not sure they're much different from the 'old' Quads! but all I know
is what I read in the brochure.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Mr Fox Mr Fox is offline

On Mon, 02 Oct 2006 20:06:14 GMT, MiNe 109

Mr Fox wrote:

The new Quad electrostatics are getting rave reviews. So who is
planning to buy? Anybdy actually receive a pair already?

I'm not sure they're much different from the 'old' Quads! but all I know
is what I read in the brochure.

Stephen

The are supposed to have better bass.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

Mr Fox wrote:

The new Quad electrostatics are getting rave reviews. So who is
planning to buy? Anybdy actually receive a pair already?

I'm not sure they're much different from the 'old' Quads! but all I know
is what I read in the brochure.

Stephen

The are supposed to have better bass.

Possible! I like the idea of a brace for the "cabinet" Quads aren't
supposed to have.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
[email protected] vinylanach@aol.com is offline

MiNe 109 wrote:
In article ,
Mr Fox wrote:

The new Quad electrostatics are getting rave reviews. So who is
planning to buy? Anybdy actually receive a pair already?

I'm not sure they're much different from the 'old' Quads! but all I know
is what I read in the brochure.

The structure around the drivers is much more solid and well-built,
mostly. This does translate to deeper bass.

I came close to buying a pair of the smaller ones when I still had a
pair of Quad II Classic monoblocks. But, with a low-powered SET, I'm
more interested in things like Audio Note AN-Es or those Yamamoto Sound
Crafts with the Altec-Lansing drivers.

Boon

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

wrote in message
oups.com
MiNe 109 wrote:
In article ,
Mr Fox wrote:

The new Quad electrostatics are getting rave reviews.
So who is planning to buy? Anybdy actually receive a
pair already?

I'm not sure they're much different from the 'old'
Quads! but all I know is what I read in the brochure.

The structure around the drivers is much more solid and
well-built, mostly. This does translate to deeper bass.

I came close to buying a pair of the smaller ones when I
still had a pair of Quad II Classic monoblocks. But,
with a low-powered SET, I'm more interested in things
like Audio Note AN-Es or those Yamamoto Sound Crafts with
the Altec-Lansing drivers.

It's the patented, day-glo Marc Phillips' "You never lived until you heard
a Yammakwaski Nightengale power amp driven by a Kruzenjammer power amp"
schtick.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
[email protected] vinylanach@aol.com is offline

Arny Krueger wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com
MiNe 109 wrote:
In article ,
Mr Fox wrote:

The new Quad electrostatics are getting rave reviews.
So who is planning to buy? Anybdy actually receive a
pair already?

I'm not sure they're much different from the 'old'
Quads! but all I know is what I read in the brochure.

The structure around the drivers is much more solid and
well-built, mostly. This does translate to deeper bass.

I came close to buying a pair of the smaller ones when I
still had a pair of Quad II Classic monoblocks. But,
with a low-powered SET, I'm more interested in things
like Audio Note AN-Es or those Yamamoto Sound Crafts with
the Altec-Lansing drivers.

It's the patented, day-glo Marc Phillips' "You never lived until you heard
a Yammakwaski Nightengale power amp driven by a Kruzenjammer power amp"
schtick.

It's the patented, olive-drab Arny Krueger's "Waaahhhh...I can't afford
anything good, so I'll attack everyone who has better taste than me!"
schtick.

Boon

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

wrote in message
oups.com
Arny Krueger wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com
MiNe 109 wrote:
In article
, Mr Fox
wrote:

[...]

It's pretty ironic watching trailer trash like Marc trying to play the class
card.