PDA

View Full Version : protools to Nuendo or SX transfer?

no spam
July 4th 03, 07:40 AM
Is it possible? I have a project in Protools which needs some overdubs
done in a smaller studio for the budget and no one seems to have
protools in the smaller studios.
Paul Gitlitz
Glitchless Productions
www.glitchless.net

Mike Rivers
July 4th 03, 04:28 PM
In article > writes:

> Is it possible? I have a project in Protools which needs some overdubs
> done in a smaller studio for the budget and no one seems to have

No one with a small studio has ProTools? How about all the M-Box and
Digi001 owners? Those are compatible at the data level with the real
ProTools. Many people have a "lite" PT system at home to work in
conjunction with the big system at a studio.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers - )

no spam
July 4th 03, 06:32 PM
On 4 Jul 2003 11:28:34 -0400, (Mike Rivers) wrote:

>No one with a small studio has ProTools? How about all the M-Box and
>Digi001 owners? Those are compatible at the data level with the real
>ProTools. Many people have a "lite" PT system at home to work in
>conjunction with the big system at a studio.

Yes there are a few in grotty basements. With bad pres and few mics. I
really need a middle of the road setup. Unfortunately mine falls right
in that category, but the client doesn't want me to engineer if I'm
producing. She's adamant about it. Also I'm across the border and
don't have protools either.
Paul Gitlitz
Glitchless Productions
www.glitchless.net

philicorda
July 4th 03, 09:01 PM
"paul (no spam)" > wrote in message
> Is it possible? I have a project in Protools which needs some overdubs
> done in a smaller studio for the budget and no one seems to have
> protools in the smaller studios.
> Paul Gitlitz
> Glitchless Productions
> www.glitchless.net

Doesn't Nuendo support OMF, the 'open media format' that Protools save
projects as?
I have not heard of anyone having success with it though... Apparently it's
not
a very standard 'standard'.

Rick Greenly
July 4th 03, 09:12 PM
AUDMORPH from www.digaudio.com

On Fri, 04 Jul 2003 17:32:23 GMT, paul(no wrote:

>On 4 Jul 2003 11:28:34 -0400, (Mike Rivers) wrote:
>

>>No one with a small studio has ProTools? How about all the M-Box and
>>Digi001 owners? Those are compatible at the data level with the real
>>ProTools. Many people have a "lite" PT system at home to work in
>>conjunction with the big system at a studio.
>
>Yes there are a few in grotty basements. With bad pres and few mics. I
>really need a middle of the road setup. Unfortunately mine falls right
>in that category, but the client doesn't want me to engineer if I'm
>producing. She's adamant about it. Also I'm across the border and
>don't have protools either.
>Paul Gitlitz
>Glitchless Productions
>www.glitchless.net

Mark Stebbeds
July 7th 03, 06:04 PM
On Fri, 04 Jul 2003 06:40:54 GMT, paul(no wrote:

>Is it possible? I have a project in Protools which needs some overdubs
>done in a smaller studio for the budget and no one seems to have
>protools in the smaller studios.
>Paul Gitlitz
>Glitchless Productions
>www.glitchless.net

Sure it's possible. Two ways.

1) Have the Pro Tools session save the files as Broadcast Wave Files
that can be opened at placed at time stamp position. You will have to
open each file and "locate to original time stamp" in Nuendo or
Cubase.

2) Have the Pro Tools session "consolidate all tracks". New audio
files will be created from each track will start and end (combining
all regions into one track) at the same place. Save them as wave
files in PT, or use a utility to convert to wav. Then just drop them
on new tracks in Nuendo or whatever.

Mark