no spam

Default protools to Nuendo or SX transfer?

Is it possible? I have a project in Protools which needs some overdubs
done in a smaller studio for the budget and no one seems to have
protools in the smaller studios.
Paul Gitlitz
Glitchless Productions
www.glitchless.net
Mike Rivers

In article writes:

Is it possible? I have a project in Protools which needs some overdubs
done in a smaller studio for the budget and no one seems to have

No one with a small studio has ProTools? How about all the M-Box and
Digi001 owners? Those are compatible at the data level with the real
ProTools. Many people have a "lite" PT system at home to work in
conjunction with the big system at a studio.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers - )
philicorda

"paul (no spam)" wrote in message
news
Is it possible? I have a project in Protools which needs some overdubs
done in a smaller studio for the budget and no one seems to have
protools in the smaller studios.
Paul Gitlitz
Glitchless Productions
www.glitchless.net

Doesn't Nuendo support OMF, the 'open media format' that Protools save
projects as?
I have not heard of anyone having success with it though... Apparently it's
not
a very standard 'standard'.

Mark Stebbeds

On Fri, 04 Jul 2003 06:40:54 GMT, paul(no wrote:

Is it possible? I have a project in Protools which needs some overdubs
done in a smaller studio for the budget and no one seems to have
protools in the smaller studios.
Paul Gitlitz
Glitchless Productions
www.glitchless.net

Sure it's possible. Two ways.

1) Have the Pro Tools session save the files as Broadcast Wave Files
that can be opened at placed at time stamp position. You will have to
open each file and "locate to original time stamp" in Nuendo or
Cubase.

2) Have the Pro Tools session "consolidate all tracks". New audio
files will be created from each track will start and end (combining
all regions into one track) at the same place. Save them as wave
files in PT, or use a utility to convert to wav. Then just drop them
on new tracks in Nuendo or whatever.

Mark