PDA

View Full Version : Re: Hello to the tube audio group!

Fred Nachbaur
July 27th 03, 11:52 PM
t.hoehler wrote:
> Hi, I am Tom from the US and I am having a ball reading about all things
> tubed! Wow, what a great source of info and great reading. I have built many
> tube amps in the past, mostly for stereo hifi uses, and have repaired quite
> a few juke amps, guitar amps and bogen pa junk. It is great to see a news
> group dedicated to toob stuff! I heard about this group through the great
> people at rec.antiques.radio+phono.
> Regards,
> Tom

Hi Tom,

Nice to have another victim.. er.. "convert" here. ;-)

Yes, the folks at r.a.r+p are a great bunch also. I imagine, however,
that they would shake their heads about some of the shenanigans that go
on here on r.a.t.

Cheers,
Fred
| Music: http://www3.telus.net/dogstarmusic/ |
| Projects, Vacuum Tubes & other stuff: |
| http://www.dogstar.dantimax.dk |

Gregg
July 28th 03, 12:13 AM
Welcome! :-D

--
Gregg
*It's probably useful, even if it can't be SPICE'd*

Lord Valve
July 28th 03, 09:38 AM
t.hoehler wrote:

> Hi, I am Tom from the US and I am having a ball reading about all things
> tubed! Wow, what a great source of info and great reading. I have built many
> tube amps in the past, mostly for stereo hifi uses, and have repaired quite
> a few juke amps, guitar amps and bogen pa junk. It is great to see a news
> group dedicated to toob stuff! I heard about this group through the great
> people at rec.antiques.radio+phono.
> Regards,
> Tom

Try alt.guitar.amps .
LV

Syl
July 29th 03, 04:37 PM
Fred Nachbaur a écrit dans le message :

> Yes, the folks at r.a.r+p are a great bunch also. I imagine, however,
> that they would shake their heads about some of the shenanigans that go
> on here on r.a.t.

On the contrary..."I" for one find this group very entertaining and see no
problem
with reading about other critters screwing around with amplifying light
bulbs...

Sly