Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro

Default radiohead cd

Hi Guys,

take care when ordering, they offer the full album as cd or as download, but
the download is as yet (x) only 48 megabytes in size.

(x) Complaint made as it is not the full album, my expectation was an iso
image.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro
Mr.T Mr.T is offline

"Peter Larsen" wrote in message
Hi Guys,

take care when ordering, they offer the full album as cd or as download,

but
the download is as yet (x) only 48 megabytes in size.

(x) Complaint made as it is not the full album, my expectation was an iso
image.

Your obviously new to downloads then, very few ISO images available of CD's
that I am aware of.
The market is mostly aimed at kids with iPods.

MrT.

Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro

Mr.T wrote:

"Peter Larsen" wrote in message
Hi Guys,

take care when ordering, they offer the full album as cd or as
download, but the download is as yet (x) only 48 megabytes in size.

(x) Complaint made as it is not the full album, my expectation was
an iso image.

Your obviously new to downloads then, very few ISO images available
of CD's that I am aware of.
The market is mostly aimed at kids with iPods.

Yes, I am new at downloads. The say purchase the album for electronic or
physical delivery. It had been OK if they had said "the album as mp3", and I
had then wanted to pay exactly 10 percent of what I decided to pay. I
believe in a fair pay, and I want a fair product for it, I don't want a
short sell.

MrT.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro
Mr.T Mr.T is offline

"Peter Larsen" wrote in message
Yes, I am new at downloads. The say purchase the album for electronic or
physical delivery. It had been OK if they had said "the album as mp3", and

had then wanted to pay exactly 10 percent of what I decided to pay. I
believe in a fair pay, and I want a fair product for it, I don't want a
short sell.

So do what any sensible person does, simply buy the physical CD instead.

MrT.

Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro

Mr.T wrote:

"Peter Larsen" wrote in message

Yes, I am new at downloads. The say purchase the album for
electronic or physical delivery. It had been OK if they had said
"the album as mp3", and I had then wanted to pay exactly 10 percent
of what I decided to pay. I believe in a fair pay, and I want a fair
product for it, I don't want a short sell.

So do what any sensible person does, simply buy the physical CD
instead.

OK, I was an idiot. I went by the exact words on a web page, there is always
a risk in doing that ... but should there be in this case?

Wish I had read todays newsaperer ... wish I had waited two hours, then I
had been forewarned that what they sell as "the album" is 160 kbs mp3 and
that the actual album has more tracks on it. Source to that info: a modestly
credible tabloid's web-version. But I know they are modestly credible, I
didn't know that the same limitatilon applied to Radiohead.

Gotta get some work done ...

MrT.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro

Peter Larsen wrote:

OK, I was an idiot. I went by the exact words on a web page, there is
always a risk in doing that ... but should there be in this case?

There wasn't, full refund offered and accepted.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro
Geoff Geoff is offline

Peter Larsen wrote:
Mr.T wrote:

"Peter Larsen" wrote in message
Hi Guys,

take care when ordering, they offer the full album as cd or as
download, but the download is as yet (x) only 48 megabytes in size.

(x) Complaint made as it is not the full album, my expectation was
an iso image.

Your obviously new to downloads then, very few ISO images available
of CD's that I am aware of.
The market is mostly aimed at kids with iPods.

Yes, I am new at downloads. The say purchase the album for electronic
or physical delivery. It had been OK if they had said "the album as
mp3", and I had then wanted to pay exactly 10 percent of what I
decided to pay. I believe in a fair pay, and I want a fair product
for it, I don't want a short sell.

Fair enough . 10% of the musical content should cost 10% of the CD !

However be prepared for a depressing dirge of mediocre self-indulgent
musical noodlings with little songwriting, instrumental, or vocal prowess.
If my impression of RH is correct .....

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro
Mr.T Mr.T is offline

"geoff" wrote in message
Fair enough . 10% of the musical content should cost 10% of the CD !

Agreed, just don't expect it to ever happen though :-(

MrT.

Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro
NicholasPaul NicholasPaul is offline

On Oct 29, 7:33 pm, "Mr.T" MrT@home wrote:
"geoff" wrote in message

Fair enough . 10% of the musical content should cost 10% of the CD !

Agreed, just don't expect it to ever happen though :-(

MrT.

1. Before you offer advice, get the facts. The album is available for
download on a pay-what-you-want basis.
2. Since when has 'prowess' had anything to do with music? ('80s
hairmetal not withstanding). If you want to show off, become an
athlete.
3. If you don't like Radiohead,don't buy it/download it. There are
plenty of Yanni CD's still in the bargain bin.

I hope the original poster gets his/her problem sorted out. Let us
know what happened to the download. Internet-as-Distributor is a
fascinating thing to watch.

Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro

NicholasPaul wrote:

I hope the original poster gets his/her problem sorted out. Let us
know what happened to the download.

They offered a full refund ... and I accepted that instead of what I
initally asked for - a CD or full wordlenght audio. My point to them was
that I had expected full wordlength audio and paid a fair price from that
expectation. The refund offer obviously was in the context of the actual
transaction and in the context of their mp3's being 160 kbs.

Hopefully they will specify their product better on their website. It is a
good initiative and a good musical use of 26 Hz audio.

Internet-as-Distributor is a
fascinating thing to watch.

Indeed. Internet reduces distances to zero, it really is a warp drive.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro
Mr.T Mr.T is offline

"NicholasPaul" wrote in message
ups.com...
Fair enough . 10% of the musical content should cost 10% of the CD !

Agreed, just don't expect it to ever happen though :-(

1. Before you offer advice, get the facts. The album is available for
download on a pay-what-you-want basis.
2. Since when has 'prowess' had anything to do with music? ('80s
hairmetal not withstanding). If you want to show off, become an
athlete.
3. If you don't like Radiohead,don't buy it/download it. There are
plenty of Yanni CD's still in the bargain bin.

If you can't follow what was being said, don't jump in and criticise!
Peter complained about the highly compressed nature of the downloads, and
you go off on a tangent about liking or not liking Radiohead, something that
was not even being discussed.

MrT.

Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro
Geoff Geoff is offline

!
Agreed, just don't expect it to ever happen though :-(

1. Before you offer advice, get the facts. The album is available for
download on a pay-what-you-want basis.
2. Since when has 'prowess' had anything to do with music? ('80s
hairmetal not withstanding). If you want to show off, become an
athlete.
3. If you don't like Radiohead,don't buy it/download it. There are
plenty of Yanni CD's still in the bargain bin.

If you can't follow what was being said, don't jump in and criticise!
Peter complained about the highly compressed nature of the downloads,
and you go off on a tangent about liking or not liking Radiohead,
something that was not even being discussed.

MrT.

Naa, that was me.

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro

Mr.T wrote:

"NicholasPaul" wrote in message
ups.com...

Fair enough . 10% of the musical content should cost 10% of the CD
!
Agreed, just don't expect it to ever happen though :-(

1. Before you offer advice, get the facts. The album is available for
download on a pay-what-you-want basis.
2. Since when has 'prowess' had anything to do with music? ('80s
hairmetal not withstanding). If you want to show off, become an
athlete.
3. If you don't like Radiohead,don't buy it/download it. There are
plenty of Yanni CD's still in the bargain bin.

If you can't follow what was being said, don't jump in and criticise!
Peter complained about the highly compressed nature of the downloads,
and you go off on a tangent about liking or not liking Radiohead,
something that was not even being discussed.

My issue was that I had paid the fair price for full wordlength audio and
got 160 kbs mp3. Their offer of a full refund is in the context of the
actual transaction. As for the album ... didn't say I dislike it.

MrT.

Kind regards

Peter Laren