O_Zean

Default bought a novation remote control 25

Ok

found out hot cubase sx works with the remote. Found out how generic
devices work. Took me a long time, but I did it.

choose remote 25 as a input. choose the emulated version instead of
the normal remote 25 input. Then link your slider or knob to
cotnrollers, EQ boost, pan, function in cubase sx etc. The sky ius the
limit.

then you will be able to do everything. So great!

novation remote 25 is the best control surface around.

ps: buy a fast pc for this and a low latency soundcard.
O_Zean

Hi

Ok, I am 2 weeks further now and I bought a audiophile and dumbed my
soundblaster live away. It wasn't stable enough in xp. yo now about Sb
drivers. They suck. Well I plugged everything onto my soundcard and
played back some mp3. Coo, this rocks. Everything works. NOW, I
plugged my novation in and there were crackles and pops. I played some
soft synth like B4 and FM7 and V-station and there it was....soft
crackles and stuff.

Now it could be the mixer or the monitors right? Well NO, the USB plug
of the remote 25 doesn't work. Ok, you can hear everything with 50 ms
latency which is good, but eacht time I turn on the novtaion remote 25
I hear these crackle and pop sounds (very soft, but you can hear
them).

So there is another problem. First of all, I didn't hear any crackles
with my soundblaster live value, but because of latency I it was a F*
card. So I bought a auiophile and now I hear crackles. Awww, damned
it. So what can I do? I will buy 2 mmidi cables and a adaptor to
conenct my novation remote 25 to the midi I/O of the audiophile and
hope this works. I will have to pay extra money for these things,
cause I had 2 9 V-adaptors at hgome, but for some reason they don't
work witht the novation. Very strange.

The problems with cakewalk sonar are still not solved. Still waiting
for the drivers. Ythey promised in magazines they would be online in
june. Forget it. Nothing. Zero. Well, maybe the problem they have with
cubase, sonar and other synths are not to be solved. Maybe the drivers
are hard to program. So why introduce the product in the market then?
I learn something with this. Better buy a midi contorl surface which
has been on the market for more than 1 year or so. ****.

So I will try the midi cables and if that doesn;t work, I will buy a
evolution UC 33 and forget the novation.
O_Zean

Hi

I had the remote for 2 moinths now and there are some problems with my
set up or the Remote. Wehn connected to the USb plug, it records
digital cracks en pops as well. So when you recorrd DO NOT use the
MAUDIO ASIO Driver. USe the program driver, sucvh as asio drivers in
cubse.

About yamaha. I have no template, but I made 3 new templates to have
acces to cubse EQ. But it is easy to make one. Just first try to use
the remote with your secuencer and check out if the sliders and the
buttons work. If you like what they do, check what evey functions does
pushing on edit on your remote and scroll in the menu (by pushin
program scroll upo and down). Mute for example is a toggle button. And
so on. Check to which channel they send messages too.

Now look at the yamaha controller list en check what controllers you
can control. NOw it is easy, depending on your secuencer. The only
thing you should do is copy the yamaha controllers and channels to
your remote (push on edit, then push on your slider, knob or whatever
en then scroll in the menu, cahnge the CC nu ber, change the track,
the name etc) If you use cubase, make a control surface device panel
in cubase and link the controllers to CUBASE functions. If you got
sonar, it is the same stuff.

Let the secuencer know what todo/

have fun!