Posted to rec.audio.pro
Dave O'Heare Dave O'Heare is offline

Default Audio editing and CD burning s/w?

I am, as usual, looking for help/suggestions.

My wife does some audio recording using an older minidisk recorder. The
recorder runs unattended, does not put in track markers automatically, and
does not support up/downloading via USB. She wants to dump the info to her
computer, edit it slightly, and burn to CD. She isn't interested in any
post effects, other than normalizing/volume control.

She used to use Steinberg's "Get It On CD" version 1.1, which worked fine.
Using it, she could record onto her hard disk, put in markers, and select
stuff to be burned as separate tracks on CD without having to save each
individual track to the hard disk first.

The computer she was using died, and the computer she is now using doesn't
run Get It On CD properly. Steinberg does not support version 1.1 any
longer, and the newer versions all require you to save individual tracks and
then burn those.

Any suggestions on software that will allow you to take a large-ish WAV
file, say "I want this chunk, and this chunk" and burn those chunks to CD as
separate tracks? Simpler is better, cheaper is good.

Many thanks in advance.

Dave O'Heare
oheareATmagmaDOTca

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Geoff Geoff is offline

Dave O'Heare wrote:
[...]

Sony CD Architect. But may not be cheap enough for you...

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro
nebulax nebulax is offline

On Oct 24, 9:56 pm, "Dave O'Heare" wrote:
[...]

I'm not sure if Audacity would do exactly what you want, but it is
free.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Anahata Anahata is offline

nebulax wrote:

Any suggestions on software that will allow you to take a large-ish WAV
file, say "I want this chunk, and this chunk" and burn those chunks to CD as
separate tracks? Simpler is better, cheaper is good.

I'm not sure if Audacity would do exactly what you want, but it is
free.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

At the price it's obviously worth a try :-)

It doesn't burn CDs, but you can mark off a chunk you want extracted
from the big file, and select File-Export Selection as .WAV.
Repeat for each chunk you need, and then get out of audacity and use any
CD burning program you like to burn the exported .WAV files to CD.

Anahata
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Dave O'Heare wrote:

Any suggestions on software that will allow you to take a large-ish
WAV file, say "I want this chunk, and this chunk" and burn those
chunks to CD as separate tracks? Simpler is better, cheaper is good.

Feurio comes to mind. Modestly priced shareware. i found the learning curve
a bit steep initially, but never wanted to use anything else.

Dave O'Heare

Kind regards

Peter Larsen