Posted to rec.audio.pro
Bob Gowa Bob Gowa is offline

Default Sennheiser MKH 416T: No audio - What am I missing?

Connected it to three different systems, absolutely nothing. Phantom
power is on. Is there an alternate pin out for this mic or am I SOL?
I'd also appreciate knowing who might repair this if needed.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Steve King Steve King is offline

"Bob Gowa" wrote in message
oups.com...
Connected it to three different systems, absolutely nothing. Phantom
power is on. Is there an alternate pin out for this mic or am I SOL?
I'd also appreciate knowing who might repair this if needed.

The 416T does not work on (now) standard 48vdc phantom power. It requires
T-power. Heres info... www.microphone-data.com/pdfs/Powering%20mics.pdf
My apologies if I've misread your question.

Steve King

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Bob Gowa wrote:
Connected it to three different systems, absolutely nothing. Phantom
power is on. Is there an alternate pin out for this mic or am I SOL?

It requires T-power. I believe that connecting it to a phantom supply
may damage it. You need a T-power supply.

The cheesy "phantom to T adaptors" kind of work but will not really
supply enough current for a 416. You need a T-power supply.

I'd also appreciate knowing who might repair this if needed.

Sennheiser will. They also might be willing to change the board out
for the phantom variant if that's what you want, but it won't be cheap.
This is still a current production item and there is no reason to send
it anywhere other than the manufacturer.