Posted to rec.audio.pro
Buzz[_2_] Buzz[_2_] is offline

Default need TASCAM M-1600 Manual

I recently inherited a TASCAM M-1600 board and need the manual;
specifically the pin assignments for the breakout D-plug.

Does TASCAM have a PDF archived anyhere?

Thanks, group.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

On Oct 24, 10:08 am, Buzz wrote:

I recently inherited a TASCAM M-1600 board and need the manual;
specifically the pin assignments for the breakout D-plug.

Hoo, boy, you may have yourself in a can along with some worms.
There's some funny stuff about the tape return inputs on that console,
and this may have a bearing on how you make up your D-sub cables. They
really want to be fed from a differential output (signal on both tip
and ring). If you have unbalanced sources, I think I found that
connecting the signal between ring and ground works (other than
inverting the signal). If you hook it up in the conventional way, with
the ring either tied to ground or floating, the input stage clips at a
very low level.

Here's a link to the pinout for the DB-25 analog connector:

http://tinyurl.com/2fwb2b

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Buzz[_2_] Buzz[_2_] is offline

Thanks, Mike. You're a champ! Any idea if Tascam has a PDF of that
owner's manual archived somewhere?

On Oct 24, 10:08 am, Buzz wrote:

I recently inherited a TASCAM M-1600 board and need the manual;
specifically the pin assignments for the breakout D-plug.

Hoo, boy, you may have yourself in a can along with some worms.
There's some funny stuff about the tape return inputs on that console,
and this may have a bearing on how you make up your D-sub cables. They
really want to be fed from a differential output (signal on both tip
and ring). If you have unbalanced sources, I think I found that
connecting the signal between ring and ground works (other than
inverting the signal). If you hook it up in the conventional way, with
the ring either tied to ground or floating, the input stage clips at a
very low level.

Here's a link to the pinout for the DB-25 analog connector:

http://tinyurl.com/2fwb2b

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Oct 24, 11:45 am, Buzz wrote:
Thanks, Mike. You're a champ! Any idea if Tascam has a PDF of that
owner's manual archived somewhere?

I know that they used to, because I used to have a copy of it. At
least I'm pretty sure it was a PDF, but maybe not. TASCAM used to have
a "Faxback" service for documents where you'd pick what you wanted
from the web site, give it a fax number, and it would send the
document by fax.

The reason why I know something about the mixer is because a client of
mine bought one (on my recommendation, or rather, approval of his
find) and I helped him get it up and running in his studio. I got the
manual at that time. Maybe I left it with him.

The link on TASCAM's web site for "legacy" products seems to be
busted, but maybe you can get them to e-mail you a PDF if you call
them.

looking for Tascam ATR-60 manual eric57 Pro Audio 1 May 31st 07 01:59 PM
looking for Tascam ATR-60 manual eric57 Tech 0 May 31st 07 07:21 AM
tascam 133 manual loek Pro Audio 0 January 22nd 05 10:34 PM
WTB: Tascam DA-30 service manual Deke Tech 0 September 21st 04 02:05 PM
NAD 1600 Manual REckerfiel Tech 0 September 25th 03 06:30 PM