Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
[email protected] fross-perry@intellitools.com is offline

Default software to make one file sound like another?

I have several batches of short spoken sound clips, all from the same
speaker, but done at different times. I am looking for a software
program
that can adjust the eq and volume so they match a reference clip, in
batch.

Anyone know of such a thing? Thanks.
fred
san rafael, ca

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech

Fred wrote ...
I have several batches of short spoken sound clips, all from the same
speaker, but done at different times. I am looking for a software
program
that can adjust the eq and volume so they match a reference clip, in
batch.

Anyone know of such a thing? Thanks.

There are "normalizing" programs and functions which will
make the peaks of all the separate clips the same level.

But for EQ, you are likely on you own. Since your notion
of "match" is in your head and in your ears and cannot be
reduced to a scientific formula.

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Allen Corneau Allen Corneau is offline

On 10/23/07 2:01 AM, in article
,
" wrote:

I have several batches of short spoken sound clips, all from the same
speaker, but done at different times. I am looking for a software
program
that can adjust the eq and volume so they match a reference clip, in
batch.

Anyone know of such a thing? Thanks.

I can't believe I'm mentioning this, but...

http://www.har-bal.com/

I've never used it so I can't say if it will work for you.

But just so you understand: If the speaker was recorded in different rooms
and/or on different mic's or pre's, then no amount of EQ will match them
perfectly.

Allen
--
Allen Corneau
Mastering Engineer

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
[email protected] earcandy07@gmail.com is offline

On Oct 23, 3:01 am, wrote:
I have several batches of short spoken sound clips, all from the same
speaker, but done at different times. I am looking for a software
program
that can adjust the eq and volume so they match a reference clip, in
batch.

Anyone know of such a thing? Thanks.
fred
san rafael, ca

Yeah, in Logic Pro there is a plugin called the "Match EQ". It depends
on the subtlety of the EQ that you are trying to match, but its worth
a try.
~Matt

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Rocky Rocky is offline

Izotope makes a mastering plugin called Ozone that has an eq matching
feature. I think it will take a spectrum snapshot of one file and calculate
and apply the needed EQ to get the same spectrum on the other clip.

www.izotope.com

I've never used this feature of it but overall this plugin is very high
quality - I've gotten some great results from it.

Rocky

"Allen Corneau" wrote in message
On 10/23/07 2:01 AM, in article
,
" wrote:

I have several batches of short spoken sound clips, all from the same
speaker, but done at different times. I am looking for a software
program
that can adjust the eq and volume so they match a reference clip, in
batch.

Anyone know of such a thing? Thanks.

I can't believe I'm mentioning this, but...

http://www.har-bal.com/

I've never used it so I can't say if it will work for you.

But just so you understand: If the speaker was recorded in different rooms
and/or on different mic's or pre's, then no amount of EQ will match them
perfectly.

Allen
--
Allen Corneau
Mastering Engineer
Essential Sound Mastering
www.esmastering.com

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Peter Larsen Peter Larsen is offline

Abyssmal wrote:

On Oct 23, 3:01 am, wrote:

I have several batches of short spoken sound clips, all from the same
speaker, but done at different times. I am looking for a software
program
that can adjust the eq and volume so they match a reference clip, in
batch.

Anyone know of such a thing? Thanks.
fred
san rafael, ca

First make safetycopies of the files you intend to work with.

Next: copy file1.wav to file2.wav, file1 and file2 will then be
identical.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Yeah, in Logic Pro there is a plugin called the "Match EQ". It depends
on the subtlety of the EQ that you are trying to match, but its worth
a try.
~Matt

Steinberg used to have a program called free filter,that would capture
an eq curve from 1 file,and let you apply it to another file.

It didnt work too well for music,but if you can find a used copy,I
recall it worked pretty well on vocal tracks,as far as getting the EQ
close.

Randall