Posted to rec.audio.pro
TheHulkPlaysGuitar TheHulkPlaysGuitar is offline

Default Need some advice on what midi keyboard controller to buy

Hi,

I'm in the market to buy a midi controller, I need some advice on
features, good brands etc...

Cheers!
THPG

Posted to rec.audio.pro
andrejs eigus andrejs eigus is offline

THPG, what are your requirements? can you please be more specific?

1. how many keys? 61, 76, 88?

2. weighted hammer (piano) or semi-weighted (plastic/synth) action keys?

3. does it have to have onboard sounds or just plain midi controller?

4. does it have to have other MIDI control knobs/sliders/buttons to control
fx etc?

5. USB or MIDI, or doesn't matter?

be more specific next time, otherwise, you will unlikely see a response.

-andrejs

"TheHulkPlaysGuitar" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I'm in the market to buy a midi controller, I need some advice on
features, good brands etc...

Cheers!
THPG

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Danny T Danny T is offline

TheHulkPlaysGuitar wrote:
Hi,

I'm in the market to buy a midi controller, I need some advice on
features, good brands etc...

Cheers!
THPG

Along with the other reply, How good are you and/or what type of feel
do you like.

there are so many feels out there that you need to state your normal
play instrument and how long you have been at it - even the style that
you play. I like one set of keys for a piano and another for organ
stuff.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mickey530 Mickey530 is offline

In addition to the above:

What DAW will this midi controller be connected to, if any?
Most DAW's come with XML or other configuration files for some midi
controllers and not others.
Taking this into consideration can make setting up the controller a
bunch easier.

More Info Please

Cheers,

MickeyD